• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blinded by the light
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I got a gold mine nx door. It's an ice machine. 16 lb bag for 2 bucks. I just moved in and I was throwing a party when ice ran low. I went 100 ft for ice with a 5 dollar bill, stuck it in, got my ice and change was 3 sba dollars. Kool I said. Later on a friend went to get ice and I said let me see ur change. Behold, 3 sac dollars. Now I know it's easier to stack dollar coins for change but there r still quarters. Bam, twice more I tried it. 3 bicentennial quarters. Not bad shape either. So I wondered if the machine takes bills and gives change. Yep 10 dollar bill the most. So in went 10 dol bill and I got a mixture of sba, sac and pres coins. It's still doing it. I do get quarters but not many. I've pulled hundreds of coins out of there and not a bingo yet. It's a matter of time and I got better odds then most. Here's my question...suld I keep on playing the slots. I take my coins to bank and do it again. I do have better odds, don't I? And I noticed a handfull of shinning coins. Why so shinning? Proofs. IDK. I started looking harder at errors and might have some. It's hard to get a good pic. So, why so shinning,,...tnks

IMG_20190803_115907009.jpg

The James Polk, second coin in the second roll is the only one that looks like it would have any chance of being an impaireed proof.  The thing with lincoln's eys is simply the way the light is hitting them.  You will notice that Lincoln is the ONLY one that is looking directly forward on the coin and not off at an angle.  The Gerald Ford, first coin in the third row is a plus as it was not intended for circulation.

My real question is, if you are playing this machine like a slot machine, what are you doin with all the ice?  With the small to none-existant premium these coins bring, it seem to me that like a slot machine you lose in the long run with all the expensive ice.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:23 AM, Conder101 said:

The James Polk, second coin in the second roll is the only one that looks like it would have any chance of being an impaireed proof.  The thing with lincoln's eys is simply the way the light is hitting them.  You will notice that Lincoln is the ONLY one that is looking directly forward on the coin and not off at an angle.  The Gerald Ford, first coin in the third row is a plus as it was not intended for circulation.

My real question is, if you are playing this machine like a slot machine, what are you doin with all the ice?  With the small to none-existant premium these coins bring, it seem to me that like a slot machine you lose in the long run with all the expensive ice.

Ya show 18 coins, and whadya get?

Another day older and deeper in … ice.

On 8/3/2019 at 12:38 PM, kramden said:

By the way look 3rd row fm right, middle coin of Lincoln. Wat up wit his eyes?

Well, have you ever seen Abraham Lincoln-Zombie Hunter? Lol! Just kidding. I think they have messed up the eyes on most of the Presidentials.

I was very curious to see what the Lincon dollar would actually look like when it came out.  On all the artists renditions they published he had two left eyes.

On 8/5/2019 at 2:41 PM, VKurtB said:

Ya show 18 coins, and whadya get?

Another day older and deeper in … ice.

I wonder if anyone besides me got this.

I collect lumber company tokens, and they, like the coal miners "owed their soul to the company store."

iI am so glad u pep hv such a great sense of humor. Makes it worth the wild just to be here. Ok i dumped the president bucks and went over to sac coins. 2000 . I didnt see any Cheerios or wounded eagels so i looked elsewhere. Do i detect a die crack, top row, the first one, left to right? The rest of top row i was looking at america, united states(the d). The bottom row has just as much as top row. Maybe im wrong. Care to put in ur input. Are some from wear?

IMG_20190808_184802491.jpg

Edited by kramden
Wrong picture

On 8/4/2019 at 2:23 AM, Conder101 said:

Sorry i forgot to answer in a timely fasion. All i do is go to my bank and get some more dollar coins or paper  money and do it all over again. I dont hv alot of melted ice 

On 8/7/2019 at 9:28 AM, Just Bob said:

I wonder if anyone besides me got this.

I collect lumber company tokens, and they, like the coal miners "owed their soul to the company store."

Look at answer to conder