• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A SUPER TOUGH Question to Answer, Glass Columbian

11 posts in this topic

My book is pretty much done just smoothing things up.

Volume 1 is 400 to 500 pages alone and covers only about four chapters.

BookBaby (POD) wants $7 per page to edit! lol(shrug)¬¬

Here is my question:

Does anyone have ANY information around these glass Columbian half dollars?

From%20Ty%20Gardner%20Glass%20Columbian%From%20Ty%20Gardner%20Glass%20Columbian%

Edited by leeg

That's only the second one of those I have ever seen. The first was only a few months ago in one of Charmy's show reports.( I realize this is of no help - sorry)

I'll check with the owner as far as size.

Just Bob, everything helps. Got a link to Charmy's show report about this.

Thanks to you both,

Lee

Sorry but just noticed this post now. I have some info that might help.  Check out website supplied, the first section references the coin  Apparently produced by Central Glass Company. Also supplied photo of coin without chip

1892ColumbianGlassRev.jpg.fb7640dacc405a2cf5cf04b4a0233009.jpg

https://www.realorrepro.com/article...ressed-Glass

3 hours ago, Greenstang said:

Sorry but just noticed this post now. I have some info that might help.  Check out website supplied, the first section references the coin  Apparently produced by Central Glass Company. Also supplied photo of coin without chip

1892ColumbianGlassRev.jpg.fb7640dacc405a2cf5cf04b4a0233009.jpg

https://www.realorrepro.com/article...ressed-Glass

Much thanks!

Edited by leeg

4 hours ago, EmiCoins said:

Is it nickel sized? It says on coincommunity that they were a scheme by a glass company.

:o

17 hours ago, Just Bob said:

That's only the second one of those I have ever seen. The first was only a few months ago in one of Charmy's show reports.( I realize this is of no help - sorry)

I'll check with Charmy.

19 hours ago, Greenstang said:

Check out website supplied, the first section references the coin

I don't see anything on that website that references that "coin".  It does say the glass designs were madified to be portraits of Columbus and Vespucio but they would still have been single sided images on the glass items.  Still it might be a possible strating point for the idea of a souvenir.  I know the glass was sold at the exposition.