• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eisenhower dollar came back. Got the attribution
1 1

15 posts in this topic

All right!! Very cool.!! Glad it turned out to be silver!

For the benefit of future readers of this forum, can you go back to your earlier post and post the results? That will keep someone who reads your post years from now from wondering how it turned out :wink:

Do you weigh every coin or do you just have an "eye" or "feel" for this?

28 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

All right!! Very cool.!! Glad it turned out to be silver!

For the benefit of future readers of this forum, can you go back to your earlier post and post the results? That will keep someone who reads your post years from now from wondering how it turned out :wink:

Yes I can

25 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

You know I don’t really weigh a whole lot of coins. But Eisenhower dollars are  One of the most difficult Coins the mint Has  ever minted.  So I basically put two and two together.And find myself Examining these coins More than anything else

33 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

I also weigh a lot of 1983 pennies and 1982 D small date I will never give up looking for that. Seems more realistic to find then a 1943 bronze or something like that

Edited by TON Collection

4 hours ago, TON Collection said:

You know I don’t really weigh a whole lot of coins. But Eisenhower dollars are  One of the most difficult Coins the mint Has  ever minted.  So I basically put two and two together.And find myself Examining these coins More than anything else

Yes, this...a huge variety and error collector of these....you are right on and cool underweight....1971's alone are a treasure trove....

51 minutes ago, TON Collection said:

Thanks for doing that 

Lol! I had asked for a link to the original and then went and found it on your page but they wouldnt let me delete my comment. So it is what it is. I'll be going to weigh all my Ikes now. Lol! Congrats on your find. That's pretty amazing. Be nice if they tell you what it was struck on in your paperwork.

1 hour ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Lol! I had asked for a link to the original and then went and found it on your page but they wouldnt let me delete my comment. So it is what it is. I'll be going to weigh all my Ikes now. Lol! Congrats on your find. That's pretty amazing. Be nice if they tell you what it was struck on in your paperwork.

Tell me about it. I would love to know exactly what it was struck on. Im reading up on different planchet flaws and annealing and alloy mixtures for the last month waiting on these.

1 hour ago, KarenHolcomb said:

52 minutes ago, TON Collection said:

Tell me about it. I would love to know exactly what it was struck on. Im reading up on different planchet flaws and annealing and alloy mixtures for the last month waiting on these.

You'll figure it out. Maybe some foreign coin that we still make or even just some employee screwing around.