• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone tell me if any of these are small dates for the 1982-d small date

6 posts in this topic

Hi my grandmother recently passed away and left a bunch of old wheat Penny's and Lincoln Penny's I came across all these and know it is to good to be true that any of them are the rare type can anyone let me down slowly that these are not the small date or if one is make my best day ever please I can't tell it's hard to know for sure thank you .. although I kind of like not knowing and thinking I might have one but I have to know it's driving me nuts

4D007D9A-EA60-4D54-9DC1-56F05D6DB7A1.jpeg

D3EF77B0-BE1B-4562-80F8-00897E217035.jpeg

DBF92EB5-E83A-4F9F-B58C-608F730BE946.jpeg

31B1CFBE-3C5B-4FCC-87A3-1BA12389253A.jpeg

6395FDC1-8517-4FF9-88FE-5DD227111CEB.jpeg

A086547B-734D-4C65-AC29-5C4F61EB683F.jpeg

F3569DF8-6AF9-41BF-9309-66CA9899EDDD.jpeg

7BF0CDAA-7FEC-4224-A5D1-924D40D679FB.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. I hope you have fond memories of her, and it is nice that she left you something by which to remember her. 

Now for the answer to your question: all of your cents are large date cents. The difference is slight, but, with experience, it is easily recognized by the style of the "2," and the distance from its base to the rim, along with several other tells. 

Thank you very much.I have a few more questions if that's ok there is some silver Penny's that are from 1943 I've researched some  and know that if it was 1944 I would be a happy girl but are the 1943 still worth anything? And what about double strike or whatever it's called I think I see it on a few of the 1982 and a few others are all error pennies worth more then 1 cent I have so many different dates so I'm slowly going thru them but I am not knowledgeable about this kind of stuff. My grandma would be so happy looking down if I could sell or auction even one off for a nice price. She collected antiques or what she thought to be antiques lol. So I'm sure I'll have a few more questions if that's ok . I have never been on a forum like this so I appreciate you help 

The 1943 Lincolns are actually zinccoated steel, rather than silver. They are interesting, and a fun collectible, but not really very valuable.

As far as doubling on your coins, I would suggest that you start by taking a look at this article, provided by our hosts:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/5688/Double-Dies-vs-Machine-Doubling/

Weigh numbers 4 and 5 again VERY CAREFULLY and get back to us.

I don't see it at all I have a few. Unmatched it against your pictures wIf I are good . I don't see it. I'm sorry. Very sorry about your grandma but you will have the memories.

Edited by MIKE BYRNE