• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some 1964 D and No MINT mark

15 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, R420coins said:

Yes these was more appealing,so your opinion do matters.all views and replies are truly appreciated.Thank you and to all enjoy your night! 

IMG_20190729_114151.jpg

IMG_20190729_114249.jpg

IMG_20190729_114338.jpg

IMG_20190729_114554.jpg

Well since my teacher isn't here,I guess I can start of what i think I know:) well in the first photo of the obverse! We have a bright reddish brown 1964D.stunning gem for a well seasoned circulated coin :) almost a flawless gloss around this amazing coin.lol.as we notice around the rim of the coin,which seems off centered as well as bottle cap appearance.then as we go to the reverse side of the coin.Wow! Lady's and Gentlemen.this coin beauty is mouth dropping people! Every single detail is glowing with the Mint stunning seal gloss.Note . Initials is questionable? Yet! Beautiful.next we have a 1964 D coming in from Denver! :-) such a rich soft tone goldish brown smooth coating.dazzling under any collectors eye.:) as we seeing the full marking of the date.Some doubling around the numbers.Some of the motto as well.now as we take a look at the reverse side of the coin.Ok just a few issues for the rare age coin to come to the initials again odd.well I guess I wait to see how I did on my report card ;)lol thanks to all and goodnight

2 hours ago, R420coins said:

Oh ok I see some of the reverse side initials has Ss as the initial ? 

IMG_20190729_114636.jpg

IMG_20190729_114708.jpg

IMG_20190729_114737.jpg

IMG_20190729_114850.jpg

Now ! For a coin that the Mint made only for the collector edition.lol note .I'm not saying this is the coin ,however who knows maybe one is.lol .for I do need to speak for these beautiful Gems.for just the light dancing off the reflection of the coin.says so many volume.well teach I can't keep this up to long help me help me :)

I will jump in and tell you that you really don't have any monitary value in any of these coins.  Sorry, but they are extremely common, most are in circulated grades.  I don't know anything about error coins, but I do consider them "damaged" and prefer to collect closer to the "perfect" side of things.  I have read several of your posts about inheriting these coins, and I can relate to the experience you are getting while going through these.  I wouldn't even consider selling any of them because of sentimental value, but would continue with your search and education.  You probably won't find any that are valuable, but there's always a slim chance, and as long as you're having fun, that's what counts.  I am a penny collector since 1972 (I was 9), and I started out checking everyone's change for dates and mintmarks I didn't have in my folder yet.  Then I stepped up to checking bank rolls.  Once I had a pretty good handle on most of the holes in my folder, and since I had found a few "Wheatbacks", I decided to invest in another folder or two for those.  I continued filling holes from circulation, and trying to find nice shiny new looking examples as upgrades.  Then I realized that touching the shiny red ones would cause them to turn brown, so I talked my mom into getting me an album with plastic slides to protect them.  As I got older and had more spending cash, I bought more and more of these upgrades from dealers.  Over the many years, I have been able to completed a GEM uncirculated set of Lincolns from 1934 to date, with NGC slabbed high grade proofs (in my registry sets), and quite a few of the earlier Lincolns, Indians, Flying Eagles, and Large cents.  I once went to a coin show with my albums to see if I could find any more upgrades that were better than the ones I already had, but I couldn't seem to find any.  One dealer asked if he could see my collection, which I proudly allowed, and he was sincerely flabbergasted, and suggested that I needed to invest in getting them all slabbed.  I agreed, but I just can't talk myself into it.  You have a long journey ahead of you, if you choose to take it.  Good luck, and good hunting.

Oh, and the initials on the right side of the memorial on the reverse are "FG" for Frank Gasparro who designed the reverse starting in 1959, which was Lincoln's 150th year commemoration.  Lots of information can be had in the official Red Book.

Gm .An yes you have some valuable information.however sometimes the information that you and the give ,An I say this with appreciation because you just Can't get some information out of books no matter how much you Read it.Thank you.maybe you and the others may not know! You give people motivation,a classroom of hands on hands full database.I know that you are dealing with hundreds of people a day.Yes! It can have it's roll,Still you all help grooms us from not being EBay foolish fake illusions.So me sitting here in front of this as if I'm in class learning,giving me something to do to elevate my mind .Yes! I'm here:) 

That first coin, the 1964-D, is a nice example that is certainly album-worthy, if you're doing an album. The mint luster shines through the brown toning that is beginning. Not bad for 55 years old.

I only been doing this 2months.So for me to learn that debris,is only use in a case of variety.meaning.if one think he or she has a find! what really matters is weight and recognizable material..as well as chasing lottery numbers,lol 1969S, 1982d small.1972 or 1955 poor man's gold.true dreams can become true.I can take a magnetic to see it's a fake ! My point is for all this is ,I'm enjoying this either or not I come across a find.So teach on Teach on :)

8 hours ago, R420coins said:

.I can take a magnetic to see it's a fake

Using a magnet to determine if a coin is a fake is of VERY limited use.  It can identify a copper plated steel cent, and it can identify the Chinese fakes of the supposedly silver coins that they were making some 10 to 15 years ago.  That only lasted for a short time and they changed the alloy so they were no longer magnetic.  For the most part a magnet test is pretty much worthless.