• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this real, do you think?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

There were  many counterfeits of these made. In fact Disney produced them for it's Pirates of the Caribbean souvenir shop.

Did you test it with a magnet to see if it is silver? That would at least eliminate some of the counterfeits.

I haven't bought it yet, am supposed to meet the guy later today. I suppose the magnet and the drop test are about my only options. Good to know about the Disney thing. Thanks.

If you're supposed to meet a guy who wants to sell it, it's not up to you to prove it's real or fake. It's up to him to prove it's real. If he doesn't do that to your satisfaction, he probably has no idea. If he has no idea, why should you believe him? Careful you aren't about to pay some tuition.

I can't tell if that is supposed to be a Peruvian 8 Reales,  or 8 Escudos, or something else entirely, but it does not look real to me.

That is just my uninformed opinion, though.

I am with JKK - if the seller does not show definite proof of authenticity, I would walk away.

Yeah, the guy yexted me back a couple of days later and I told him how I woild just hate to wind up a souvenir token from Disney. Haven't heard from him since. Smh. Idk what I'd do without you guys.