• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969s one penny ddo

10 posts in this topic

Hard to tell from those picture as there is white light obstructing some of the detail and they are out of focus.

Although the date does look like it may be Doubled, what concerns me is the MM "S" which appears to show the same type of doubling. There should be no doubling on the MM. Although the letters do appear to have some doubling, I can't really tell what type. You don't show a picture of the word LIBERTY which is an easy way to tell if it is an actual DD. Compare your coin against the enclosed picture and you should be able to answer your own question. Note how the word LIBERTY is doubled north and south while the words IN GOD WE TRUST is doubled east to west.

1969S DD.jpg

I have questions Greenstang.? I'm asking for trying to understand the viewing and grading you did ? I just viewed the coin.as saying Mint mark condition? Or seeing if that is a old left stain stamped ? Or is that a also a relaunched MINT mark,as shown in the field of the coins mint mark? Help me here! Because if so would that be a error? Why else would they repunch the Mint mark before that one ?pardon me.hello to all :)

Because if so would that be a error?

First, a repunched MM is not an error, it is a variety. A repunched MM happens when the worker punches the MM into the working die. Usually they have to be struck more than once to obtain the desired depth and sometimes the punch moves slightly causing what is known as a repunched MM. They are not uncommon as however many coins are minted from that die (say750,000) then that's how many there will be. See the enclosed photo compliments of John Wexler of the process of punching a MM. It is hard to tell from the OP's photo if it is repunched or not but I suspect it is MD.

mint_mark_punch_worker_Wexler_AAA.jpg

Well thank you!  See I wanted to know! Because when is it determined to add old coinage in to play or if it is every allowed? Because someone may not have seen or viewed in that manner.that's how some would have viewed it as seeing it .that's why I'm asking so many questions.So please don't nobody get upset with me when I'm trying to understand! Like I said ! We may get our jumps starts from books.however some people are hands on learning . So smile when you helping me! :-)

Not upset with you, but I am having great difficulty trying to make sense out of your posts.  I take it that english is not your native language?

What you don't know is ! When you are born into a world,then given two letters for a first Name .then add to the plantation last name .work until sun up to Sun down,maybe I make 5 cents for that week! So my bad that I couldn't go to a school at that time! Yet! When I got a chance,I went to NJ.So even then they had poor grammar education,still I learned to read and write! :) so when I say ,I can stop and smell the roses! I have all the time in the word to get it right! Do you know how it feels to be a kid ? Because I never gotten the chance! So yes! I made it to today and here to learn for tomorrow.12-5-1941 yeah something like a wheat penny.lmao:) even now I enjoy so much learning that it's the kid that comes out me :) so if say I take pride in picking up a coin,pulling out my hand 10x loupe.lol.So English in not my favorite subject.lol .well somehow I do have Plainfield NJ GED.So I guess I'm doing pretty dam good.:)

What I am seeing is the lighting in the closeups  giving it the appearance to doubling.  In the fianl image I don't see any doubling.