• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions regarding a quarter

6 posts in this topic

I’ve had this quarter for several years now and have searched online trying to find information on it. It’s a 1999 Pennsylvania quarter with the P mark. It has a large bulge visible on both sides on the front the hair waves into the bulge and on the back the word independence is going across the quarter showing that the bulge is from within the quarter.  Any info or opinions attaching a few pictures. I’ve been curious about this piece for a while.BF286FF2-8EB3-491E-B3AA-6081866F6373.thumb.jpeg.fc6c081ab14d87efcc273518b973e7dd.jpeg

D3A2E4BE-0B69-4D4E-984E-3ABF59B83B28.jpeg

Given the totality of the circumstances of the coin, my best guess would be exposure to an extremely high temperature, such as in a spot welding device. Some people do stuff to coins just to see what happens. The coins are largely defenseless at that point.