• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 small date flared G
1 1

21 posts in this topic

C'mon man, they where only supposed to come out with these 89 to date. Hahahaha lol. Just messing with you. I know it's not the G for a reverse. Could this be some kind of error. This stuck out like a sore thumb. It's  pretty cool looking. They had the right idea in 82 but didn't come out with it until 89 and up. What would your thoughts be on this one.🤔🧐

20190722_112131.jpg

20190722_110827.jpg

12 hours ago, Greenstang said:

Looks OK to me. The "G" on the 1989 is a  different style.

Thanks Greenstang, that does look pretty cool though. I know I might be silly looking deep on coins I get, but I feel like a coin nerd on how I scan almost every little detail of the coin for any errors. If something doesn't look right my brain goes to every single varieties and known errors. Well not quite all, some I look up.lol 

I need to correct my self on the coin nerd thing. There's nothing wrong with being a coin nerd. I'm actually glad I am, or i wouldn't have found some really cool one's. 🧐😁😏

Hello to all:). That's a nice coin! Also I go crazy looking at one coin,when I find anything wrong with it.lol. an it keeps my mind running lmao.oh ! I came across a 1982 d penny.which doesn't exist however,I seems to have a S mint mark!

20190721_104132.jpg

Hard to tell the MM from that photo but if it is an "S", then it does exist.

It would be a proof from the San Francisco Mint and there were nearly 4 million produced.

15 hours ago, R420coins said:

Hello to all:). That's a nice coin! Also I go crazy looking at one coin,when I find anything wrong with it.lol. an it keeps my mind running lmao.oh ! I came across a 1982 d penny.which doesn't exist however,I seems to have a S mint mark!

20190721_104132.jpg

Is it possible to do a closer pic . Having a hard time seeing the mint mark. 

Them are awesome finds R420, and Kevin Simpson. That makes me knowing to keep hunting to find one also. I just picked up more one cent rolls today. Hope I find something cool. 

That's how I do it .I even pick up the one on the ground,what some say parking lot coins lol.I still like trying to find out what happened.and what year of the coin it looks stamped over.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:35 PM, R420coins said:

20190721_102931.jpg

20190721_103053.jpg

I do see a 1844 on liberty. I can nearly see it, its really blurry. That's cool.

7 hours ago, R420coins said:

So keep the hunt going yes :-)

Yep, never know what you might find.

Because in your mind .it was set about that was a error struck coin? Because you see what you see .however yet! That's not the part you are supposed eyes don't see! Only realizing it is not a error! To be told coin blemishes or wear and corrosion.lol funny thing! Now you telling me my mind is playing trick on me lmao.I see what I see,because I know what I see is there.No no .that's impossible.there is a big S there and the repunched mint mark has been stamped,over the tail of the S.what did pickers guide say .it's a D over a S! Wow .but! They don't see the other images or imprints.well I wonder...:) just a question!

6 minutes ago, R420coins said:

Because in your mind .it was set about that was a error struck coin? Because you see what you see .however yet! That's not the part you are supposed eyes don't see! Only realizing it is not a error! To be told coin blemishes or wear and corrosion.lol funny thing! Now you telling me my mind is playing trick on me lmao.I see what I see,because I know what I see is there.No no .that's impossible.there is a big S there and the repunched mint mark has been stamped,over the tail of the S.what did pickers guide say .it's a D over a S! Wow .but! They don't see the other images or imprints.well I wonder...:) just a question!

Hi R420, I understand what you're saying. I posted a coin a couple of months ago, and looked like a S in the D. But it was a filled D that made the mint mark look like that. See when I find certain coins that are an odd ball, I like to post on here because there really good helping you with good information on your coin. They don't steer you around the Bush, or lead you on to a different direction on what you're questioning is. Sometimes when you feel you have something, your getting good and accurate answers on here. Idk about other sites ,this this is the only site I do. I've learned alot since I've been  on here. I'm finally stepping up my technology, I have a microscope coming in today so I can post a couple of coins that I had in the past to get better answers. Just remember show really good pic of obverse and reverse. And up close clear photos. The better your questions the better your answers will be. Good luck hunting. 

Hey that's a good one,a scope Will have me stuck on one conform days lol.that's why they say lens no greater than 7.to see and grade.oh Hinkle.your so Right about the good people that helps us here.Mohawk and Bob as well as 2 more.I don't have any issues them as a person! And maybe I need to invest in a camera to take pictures.yet! This is a board of collecting minds of intelligence information.an yes they do help us in so many ways.So much respect to them.So thank you to for showing me reasoning Hinkle.