• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Lincoln Cent... Curious!

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

So I'm 1000% new to this, but wanted to see if you guys could help me out! I recently found this 1959 Lincoln cent in my grandmother's old things. Thought it must have had either some sort of value as a collector's item or perhaps had some emotional importance for her to have kept it in a little protective case. Someone told me it looked pretty uncirculated so it could be worth something. Wanted to know your guys' opinion - is it worth looking into? Thanks in advance! 

-Lindsi

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Welcome to the Chat Box Lindsiii

What you have is a nice 1959 Lincoln cent. Unfortunately there is not a lot of collector value to it as there were nearly 710 million minted of the Philadelphia coin alone.You might be able to get $1-2.00 as it appears to be in MS condition.

Perhaps your grandmother kept it because the date was significant or maybe because it was the first year of the Lincoln Memorial Cent.

Welcome to the forum.

As Greenstang has noted, it is not rare, and has little collector value, so if it were mine, I would keep it as a memento of my Grandmother.