• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found this at garbage basket at dealer $3 dollars why would NGC incapsulate this

16 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mokiechan said:

I would LOVE to see that whole slab. 

Me too, I am curious. 

And I might be interested @TON Collection . 

It will go well with My Valueless 1972 Lincoln that I thought it was a double die and sent in. only to get it back as a regular 1972 Lincoln. 

Perhaps I should start a collection and call it "THE DUKEMNM VALUELESS COLLECTION" :roflmao:

image.png.35707fbbe856f02ffb1c584ee6d06e9a.png

Edited by Dukemnm
Corrected Typo

1 hour ago, Dukemnm said:

Me too, I am curious. 

And I might be interested @TON Collection . 

It will go well with My Valueless 1972 Lincoln that I thought it was a double die and sent in. only to get it back as a regular 1972 Lincoln. 

Perhaps I should start a collection and call it "THE DUKEMNM VALUELESS COLLECTION" :roflmao:

image.png.35707fbbe856f02ffb1c584ee6d06e9a.png

Ya know, that has Best In Class Custom Registry written all over it.

NGC will encapsulate most coins that you send them as long as you pay the fee. I think the better question is why would anyone send that to NGC and there are many answers to that here xD

5 hours ago, ilLOminatus said:

NGC will encapsulate most coins that you send them as long as you pay the fee. I think the better question is why would anyone send that to NGC and there are many answers to that here xD

I would bet that at least a certain percentage of all the grading services' business is fairly new collectors convinced they have Very Rare Errors that turn out to be PMD, or that they have "GEM BU" or even "GEM PROOF" coins that are in fact CBD (Coins By Dremel). And since that's easy money and a small but steady revenue stream, there's no reason for the services to discourage this. "Who are we to try and tell anyone which coins they should send in? We're not their den mothers."

On 7/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, JKK said:

I would bet that at least a certain percentage of all the grading services' business is fairly new collectors convinced they have Very Rare Errors that turn out to be PMD, or that they have "GEM BU" or even "GEM PROOF" coins that are in fact CBD (Coins By Dremel). And since that's easy money and a small but steady revenue stream, there's no reason for the services to discourage this.

That was why originally coins could only be submitted to PCGS or NGC by authorized dealers.  Collectors would want to send in their coins, and the authorized dealers were supposed to act as a "presrcreener" to try and weed out those coins that were not worthy of slabbing and which would come back worth less than the slabbing fees.  Save the collectors from wasting their money.  But collectors kept insisting they wanted to submit directly so they started their membership tiers and started making money on those coins as well.