• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1998 D Washington quarter

4 posts in this topic

Is the IN ( IGWT) possibly doublesd  on this 1998 Washington quarter ? 

I appreciate any and all input! Thank you as always for your help! 

>Tracy 

835650E2-6BFA-42A3-9A58-7C94B9CD533D.jpeg

1B6F93F4-F9EF-4928-A90C-1779ED753F1E.jpeg

B8A94BC7-42E5-4663-8E6D-ECD49807932C.jpeg

B0F933E1-7024-4B51-A669-765F4D1EF771.jpeg

Hey Hess!

Longtime, no see!  Glad to see you're still with us.  Now, onto your quarter.  From the photos provided, I don't see anything indicating a doubled die.  I think that you have some machine doubling there.  While machine doubling is notoriously prevalent on US coins from the mid 1950's to the 1970's, it certainly did not go away entirely past that time.  I've seen many coins from the 1990's with it as well and a lot of them have been Washington Quarters.

Sorry the news wasn't better.  It's good to see you back though :)

~Tom

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

Hey Hess!

Longtime, no see!  Glad to see you're still with us.  Now, onto your quarter.  From the photos provided, I don't see anything indicating a doubled die.  I think that you have some machine doubling there.  While machine doubling is notoriously prevalent on US coins from the mid 1950's to the 1970's, it certainly did not go away entirely past that time.  I've seen many coins from the 1990's with it as well and a lot of them have been Washington Quarters.

Sorry the news wasn't better.  It's good to see you back though :)

~Tom

Thank you Mohawk , it’s good for be back! I’ve missed y’all and as always thank you for the information. 

Just now, Hess4 said:

Thank you Mohawk , it’s good for be back! I’ve missed y’all and as always thank you for the information. 

No problem.  Always glad to help.  And welcome back :smile: