• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Delaware Scrapbook

7 posts in this topic

Some of you know that I enjoy the Early Commemorative series of coins.

I was fortunate enough to find this Scrapbook on eBay in 2012.

I'm going to share some of the information inside the scrapbook. Too much to post the entire thing.

Someone in 1938 took a lot of care and pride in assembling this. I wouldn't have the patience.

Hope you enjoy a little bit of history.

100_0573_1.jpg

The first set of pages was this complete program:

Stacks_Bowers_Del_June2013%20%20B.png

A couple items in the Scrapbook:

Delaware%20Scrapbook%20No.%204%20%202A%2

Delaware%20Scrapbook%20No.%204%20%201B.p

100_0965_1.png

100_0957_1.png

100_0966_1.png

To finish up, here are some images from some newspaper's (newspaper and date unknown), guessing Wilmington, DE in 1938.

Delaware%20Scrapbook%20No.%203%20%202A%2

Delaware%20Scrapbook%20Images%208A%201.p

Delaware%20Scrapbook%20Images%20No.%202%

That's all folk's. Please share anything Delaware you wish to.

Looks like a cool book of historical tidbits and would be quite fun to look through it.  Sadly I have nothing but a pocket change state quarter thus nothing Delaware related to add to your thread.

I was born and raised in Delaware, and I have a number of items from the 1938 celebration. In addition to the Delaware commemorative half dollar, there were also a number of medals that were issued at the same time. This first piece is about the size of a half dollar. It is listed in the So-Called Dollars book. Interestingly there were at least some these that went unsold at least 20 years after the event. I bought this one on my fifth grade field trip in 1959.

I am sorry ... I find this site very frustrating. I don't know how to post more than one picture per message, no matter how hard I try. :frown: I have many items I could share, but I can't post them here.

2113977325_DelawareSmO.jpg.30373cddc334c7260861d97f10ffd6c3.jpg

Edited by BillJones

Here is the reverse of the piece from the previous post. The second set of photos, if they show are the large medal which has the same design. There was also a silver medal in the large size which is very rare.

Delaware Sm R.jpg

Del Large O.jpg

Del Large R.jpg

Bill - Good to see you back on this side - even briefly. Nice!  Also glad you found the choose files for multiple photos. Works great for me.