• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why not variety in ur 2005

11 posts in this topic

I guess my question would be why is the 2005 sitter considered a variety when there's so many different images of the Lincoln obverse side I have numerous images pictures attached help me with this

20190710_190156.jpg

20190710_190243.jpg

20190710_175544.jpg

20190710_190116.jpg

Well, Gilbert, I think I'm going to have to ask you for more clarity as I have no idea what you mean when you say

the 2005 sitter

I have never heard that phrase before.  If you could clarify what you mean here, I'll see if I can help you out.

OPPS.. I really don't know where that came from but anyhow (and yes I seen that i added 1995 pics as well ..opps again)anyways I see all these other dates with different  looks that have meaning in the Year 2005 has a lot of looks in it for example the second set of pictures top row on the way to the right on the end she's got three ears you can see it obviously I'm just a little confused that's all

I have seen the term "2005 sitter" used a couple of times before. I don't know if this is what the OP is referring to, but it means the 2005 Lincoln sitting on the log.

4 hours ago, Greenstang said:

I have seen the term "2005 sitter" used a couple of times before. I don't know if this is what the OP is referring to, but it means the 2005 Lincoln sitting on the log.

Lincoln sat on the Log in 2009, the Formative Years Cent  I have never heard the term 2005 Sitter. 

Your right Mokiechan, thanks for correcting me. Don't know what I was thinking but I got my years mixed up.  :makepoint:

It was 2009 Sitter I saw on another coin forum. Hate when that happens.

17 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Your right Mokiechan, thanks for correcting me. Don't know what I was thinking but I got my years mixed up.  :makepoint:

It was 2009 Sitter I saw on another coin forum. Hate when that happens.

Just an observation.....I think 2009 Sitter is a terrible term.  I'd never put that term and the Formative Years cent together.  We need to actively work to dissuade the use of this term, I think.  2009 FY would even be better.

Mohawk-

I don't think we need to worry about this being a term that is used that much. It might have even been used by someone making up there own description of a coin.  I tried searching some of the other forums to see if I could find it again but no luck. It was just one of those things that stuck in my mind when I saw it.

With all this being said, I don't think that anyone has answered the OP's question as to why there are so many images of Abe. All of those images are from dies created from the same Master Hub in Philadelphia so there is no way there can be a difference. What you see may be coins struck from worn dies, circulation wear, lighting effect etc. that give them the appearance of being slightly different.  

Edited by Greenstang
Correct typo

55 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Mohawk-

I don't think we need to worry about this being a term that is used that much. It might have even been used by someone making up there own description of a coin.  I tried searching some of the other forums to see if I could find it again but no luck. It was just one of those things that stuck in my mind when I saw it.

With all this being said, I don't think that anyone has answered the OP's question as to why there are so many images of Abe. All of those images are from dies created from the same Master Hub in Philadelphia so there is no way there can be a difference. What you see may be coins struck from worn dies, circulation wear, lighting effect etc. that give them the appearance of being slightly different.  

As usual, agreed on all points Greenstang :)