• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well this was different ... 1890-s Morgan

7 posts in this topic

It was bought by the president of ICG ...

Must have been too cheap  :-) - Still made my 20% so I am happy

Twas a pretty coin 

1890-s.jpg

Edited by jgrinz

It's interesting when you sell to prominent names.....I've actually sold coins to both Dave Bowers and Rick Tomaska in the years I've been running my little sales venture.

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

It's interesting when you sell to prominent names.....I've actually sold coins to both Dave Bowers and Rick Tomaska in the years I've been running my little sales venture.

Sold to Rick not to Dave.

Nice to see the more popular people in the biz still mingling … Good for business I think :-)

1 minute ago, jgrinz said:

Sold to Rick not to Dave.

Nice to see the more popular people in the biz still mingling … Good for business I think :-)

I agree completely.  It's good for business and for the hobby when the big guys and little guys mingle and do business together.  It adds to the community feel of the hobby as a whole.

While I am not a dealer, I would guess some of these 'middle of the road' coins make good conversation points in this day and age with all the fourth party opinions out there. In other words if this 90-S is solid but not high end for the grade Maybe it's a good candidate for a grading set !

Speaking of ANACS, I'm going to voice what is likely a very unpopular opinion:  I wish I could get my Faustina the Younger coins slabbed in the first version of the ANACS Blue Label holder....the one with the curved bottom.  I know a lot of people hated that holder, but I thought it was really cool looking!  It was different.  I think my Faustina collection would look awesome in them (it'll never happen *sigh*).  I'm just referring to the aesthetic value of the holder itself though, not ANACS' grading at the time....I know it could be problematic.

Let's see if this is a less popular thought than being a D. Carr "Fantasy Overstrike" fan......

Edited by Mohawk