• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best online site to buy Ancients?

7 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, EmiCoins said:

Do any other Ancient collectors know where to buy coins online? My coin shop doesn’t carry them :frown:.

I know an Ebay vendor that is locally well respected, if that would help: Failla Numismatics. It's a father/son team near me that I usually see at coin shows but do not have a B&M presence.

Hi Emi,

Jonathan's recommendation of Failla Numismatics is a good one.  I would also recommend VCoins.  It's kind of an online coin mall with a lot of sellers from around the world.  They have a pretty robust ancients presence.  I've actually purchased many of my ancients from sellers there and I've always been pleased:

https://www.vcoins.com/en/Default.aspx

I hope that this helps

~Tom

15 minutes ago, EmiCoins said:

Thanks! I will check them out.

No problem.  Glad to help.  Good luck with your hunting!

I can't vouch for them as far as ancients go, but I've had good results buying European medals from MA Shops. They do carry many ancients.  VCoins is another source that I've used. 

1 minute ago, LINCOLNMAN said:

I can't vouch for them as far as ancients go, but I've had good results buying European medals from MA Shops. They do carry many ancients.  VCoins is another source that I've used. 

I've made one ancients purchase from MA Shops, a nice Faustina the Younger denarius.  It's a nice coin.  MA Shops is a good venue as well.  Good suggestion Lincolnman!