• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best day and time for eBay auctions to end?

What is the best day and time for eBay auctions to end?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best day for an eBay auction to end?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
  2. 2. What is the best time for an eBay auction to end? Times in parentheses are rough parameters to help you make a selection.

• Early morning (5:00-8:00 AM)
    • Morning (8:01-11:59 AM)
    • Early afternoon (12:00-2:30 PM)
    • Late afternoon (2:31-5:00 PM)
    • Evening (5:01-6:30 PM)
    • Late evening (6:31-8:00 PM)
    • Night (8:01-11:59 PM)
    • Late night (after 12:00 PM)
  3. 3. Do you purchase coins from sellers on eBay?

• Yes
    • No

4 posts in this topic

I have several coins that are currently listed on eBay that I want to convert to true auctions ($0.01 starting price with no reserve), but before I do so I wanted to collect some information from you all about the best time to end the listings. User names will not be displayed for those who reply. Thanks in advance for those of you who take the time to respond. 

Edited by coinsandmedals

I have a small store on eBay and really started investing time in the sales and inventory about 4 months ago.  My votes are subjective.  The app has a nice little cash register sound every time there's a sale or a bid.  It *feels* like I hear more register sounds around 2pm CST on Saturday's.  Which doesn't make a lot of sense personally since I'm usually coaching in a little league game or out swimming at that time but that's what it feels like.

Otherwise I always try to set auctions to end between 6-9pm CST.

Curious to see the other answers.

I like Saturday, seems the obvious choice to me, day wise. I think more important is time. You have to keep in mind that eBay time is Pacific. I am on the East coast so I position mine to end around 10 here which makes it 7 pst. 8 mst 9cst 10est.

Hope it helps.

Well....I do almost all of my sales as Buy It Now or Best Offer, I myself have found Saturdays and Sundays to have been the best for when I've done auctions.