• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Registry points

12 posts in this topic

Hello and Welcome!

Registry points are just the points that NGC assigns coins that are entered into Competitive Sets on the NGC Registry.  These points are only used to score coins, Competitive Registry sets and a Registry collector's overall score on the NGC Registry.  Of course, the highest scored sets can win awards on the NGC Registry.  That's all that Registry points do.

I hope that this helps!

~Tom

Edited by Mohawk

• Administrator
On 7/7/2019 at 11:41 PM, orientalband54 said:

just what are registry points and what does one do with them?

Hello, and thank you for the request, orientalband54. Here is some information you may find helpful:  https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/AboutRegistry. Please let us know when we may assist next. 

Edited by Ali E.

23 hours ago, Just Bob said:

If you save enough of them, you can get a toaster. :whee:

j/k

:devil:

Hey, win one of the major awards and get a $500 certificate, sell it for $0.25 on the dollar and get $125. That'll get a really nice toaster, right?

J/k as well. I don't even know if those certs are in any way transferable, though I suppose you could always use the cert to grade things that will realize a price increase as a result of the grading, sell those for a profit and realize much the same result, if you really wanted that toaster. lol

42 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Wow. My son would probably love that.

So would my fiancee.  She's a fan of both Hello Kitty and toast is my Candice.

Edited by Mohawk

5 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

So would my fiancee.  She's a fan of both Hello Kitty and toast is my Candice.

Well, there's an idea for her birthday or Christmas. ;)

5 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Well, there's an idea for her birthday or Christmas. ;)

It would definitely be a great birthday idea, Bob.  And I'll try to keep it in mind for next May.  But it wouldn't work for a winter holiday.....we don't celebrate Christmas.  We actually celebrate Saturnalia in the finest Roman tradition.  For Saturnalia, you don't buy serious gifts....you buy people little gag gifts.  It's kind of a prankster sort of holiday, which is exactly what we like about it......it gives us a great outlet for our weird senses of humor.  So I'd have to get her a toaster with ol' Mucky the Hippo on it or something like that.  For example, Candice likes vintage video games (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and Playstation 1), so one year I got her this Nintendo game because the label on the cartridge had a shirtless picture of Fabio on it and it just looked ridiculous!  The funny thing is that it actually turned out to be a fairly decent game.

9 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

For example, Candice likes vintage video games (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and Playstation 1),

I have to ask: did you ever play the Sega genesis game "Toe Jam & Earl?" It was one of my favorites, just because it was so weird and funky.

2 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I have to ask: did you ever play the Sega genesis game "Toe Jam & Earl?" It was one of my favorites, just because it was so weird and funky.

I have and I love it!!  It's one of Candice's faves, too.  I don't know if we currently have it in our collection, but if we don't we'll have to remedy that.  Toe Jam & Earl was easily one of the single best titles on the Genesis, no doubt about it.