• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOHAWK-JUSTBOB-GREENSTAGG-CONDOR. Another thank you note

8 posts in this topic

You guys are unbelievable and really baffles me how you take the time to follow through with answers to questions asked on here in fashionable time and preciseness. These guys should be the ones getting a check at the end of the month for there services not these YouTube guys who love to hear themselves talk. JK, Not all of them are so bad. But my point being the way you provide your services is like having a private teacher or successor. I know one thing if I see you guys at a coin show the beer is on me. Not really a drinker but will make a exception. But In all seriousness we need to figure out some type of compensation through this forum for you guys in some manner of rewards or something along those lines. If anyone on here agrees with me and thinks these guys deserve more then the hell they catch on here and keep pounding away for us educated listeners and willing to learn mind sets send me a message or note of any type and get something done for them. Have saved me a lot of money from submitting coins that I would of submitted if they had not stepped in. These guys have nothing but the best intentions so listen to there advice. They have not let me down yet

P.S.  Absolutely No 2019 Silver eagle or Commemorative, Make it something good and worth a damn                                                              

Edited by TON Collection

On 7/6/2019 at 1:45 AM, TON Collection said:

77239CBE-D16E-43E8-8B3C-6B0A44D416FD.jpeg

On 7/6/2019 at 1:52 AM, TON Collection said:

image.jpg

15 hours ago, JKK said:

I've seen a lot of them. Sometimes bronze coins just tone up that color. If I had to guess, I'd suppose it was an environmental specificity (pocket of person with certain kind of skin chemistry, laid around awhile adjacent to some type of surface or air quality).

35 minutes ago, TON Collection said:

You guys are unbelievable and really baffles me how you take the time to follow through with answers to questions asked on here in fashionable time and preciseness. These guys should be the ones getting a check at the end of the month for there services not these YouTube guys who love to hear themselves talk. JK, Not all of them are so bad. But my point being the way you provide your services is like having a private teacher or successor. I know one thing if I see you guys at a coin show the beer is on me. Not really a drinker but will make a exception. But I’m all seriousness we need to figure out some type of compensation through this forum for you guys in some manner of rewards or something along those lines. If anyone on here agrees with me and thinks these guys deserve more then the hell they catch on here and keep pounding away for us educated listeners and willing to learn mind sets send me a message or note of any type and get something done for them.    

P.S.  Absolutely No 2019 Silver eagle or Commemorative, Make it something good and worth a damn                                                              

Another idea I had was to make a section in this forum were we could list and image our coins that we plan on submitting to grade and have some type of check box and opinions or something along those lines, instead of people like me posting pictures every day wanting advice and opinions under newbie section 

Edited by TON Collection

7 minutes ago, TON Collection said:

28CD1AF2-2EF1-4D6E-BBD9-D463152E848C.jpeg

I came across this at coin shop and thought it had a better then average strike so I snagged it and left. Is it worth grading

893D77AC-9970-48F8-95D0-F3D2B034DEA5.jpeg

Just now, TON Collection said:

Another idea I had was to make a section in this forum were we could list and image our coins that we plan on submitting to grade and have some type of check box and opinions or something along those lines, instead of people like me posting pictures every day wanting advice and opinions 

Hi TON,

I, for one, really appreciate your kind words.  As someone who is an educator in their professional life, it really means a lot to know that I'm making a difference and helping you, TON.  It's also nice to have it acknowledged that many of the frequent "answer-ers" on this board genuinely want to help other collectors out.  We're not trying to cause problems or put anyone down, but we also want to share the truth about any situation that comes up.  I'm not a drinker myself, TON, but I'd make an exception if we ever ended up at the same show as well.....I'd be glad to have a drink with you!  So, thank you TON for the kind words....it really made my day!  And, I also want to thank Bob, Don, Greenstang, Conder, Jonathan and anyone else who jumps in here with me to help people with questions.  Helping new collectors is one of the most important things to do in this hobby, and the fact that there are so many experienced people here who are willing to share their knowledge so readily and in such approachable, kind and pleasant ways is a huge part of what makes this community so amazing and so much better than any other coin board out there. 

~Tom

Thank you for the kind words, but I absolutely DO NOT want compensation of any kind for the posts that I put on here. I appreciate the thought, but, again, please don't.

As for your '73-S Ike dollar: those are some really clean surfaces, judging by the pictures. That is not something that you usually see on these coins. If it was a Denver or Philadelphia issue, I would say it might be worth a shot at trying for a grade of MS67, but the S mints are common enough in that grade that it wouldn't be worth the money, IMO.

Well said, TON.  And as a newbie here, I too value their input and really appreciate the thoughtfulness they put into their replies.  I have found on many sites that knowledge and thoughtfulness in replies are often inversely related - the people with the most knowledge tend to be -ish and clique-ish with their replies.  

So I’ll echo TON’s praise and thanks.

23 hours ago, Thompson2 said:

Well said, TON.  And as a newbie here, I too value their input and really appreciate the thoughtfulness they put into their replies.  I have found on many sites that knowledge and thoughtfulness in replies are often inversely related - the people with the most knowledge tend to be -ish and clique-ish with their replies.  

So I’ll echo TON’s praise and thanks.

Thanks for the kind words to you as well, Thompson!  And you're right....some of those other coin boards are horrible.  I used to belong to some of them back in the day, now I only hang out here.  There are definite reasons for that.  There's some really unpleasant people out there.  But this place is great and part of why it stays great is because of newbies like yourself and TON.  We have a great community and I'm glad that you guys are now part of it. 

~Tom