• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1994 D Lincoln Cent
1 1

5 posts in this topic

The Date looks like doubling. Also In GOd we TruSt. Looks like a letter is on Lincoln’s chin. The reverse is different. Will try and upload it again when I get a chance.

576F55CC-AF77-4C68-A9E2-6CCFB2614D27.jpeg

Hi again Reme.

In reviewing your photos, I'm thinking your coin has some machine doubling going on.  The date looks like it has the telltale shelf-like doubling that indicates machine doubling and I strongly suspect that if I had the coin in hand, I'd see much of the same on the motto.  As for the letter, I'm not seeing anything unusual on Lincoln's chin based on the photos.

As always, I hope this helps, even if the news wasn't too great.

Something that has been drilled into my head over on FB is to look for the notches. Of course since my pal Cas left I haven't found a single DD of anything except design features so I probably am talking out of the side of my neck.

1 hour ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Something that has been drilled into my head over on FB is to look for the notches. Of course since my pal Cas left I haven't found a single DD of anything except design features so I probably am talking out of the side of my neck.

Actually, that is good advice. There are sometimes coins with hub doubling that actually resemble machine doubled coins, but if the notches and/or split serifs are present, you know it is a true doubled die.

And, Casman was on here about a month or so ago.