• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will this grade a MS 67plus
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hi TON....

I see a couple of carbon spots that I think will keep your coin out of that grade range, sadly.  I wouldn't bother submitting it.....pronounced carbon spots can definitely hurt the grade on copper (or copper-plated) coins.

Ton,
    The difference in value between a '67' and a '67+' is about 4 dollars. But, think about honing your photography skills and we
might get a better idea of just what to do with the coin. The image of the obverse (Lincoln) is so out of focus that I cannot
even see the "L" in "Liberty".

R_R_H

2 minutes ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Does NGC have a self grading app?

I don't think so, Karen......at least I am unaware of it if they do.  They should develop one, especially since  PCGS has PCGS Photograde Online.

7 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

I don't think so, Karen......at least I am unaware of it if they do.  They should develop one, especially since  PCGS has PCGS Photograde Online.

I wasn't going to mention that here, but it was invaluable to me in my beginning.

I wasn't going to mention that here, but it was invaluable to me in my beginning.

There's nothing wrong with that at all, Karen, especially since there is no NGC Photograde...yet.  There are plenty of people here who use both NGC and PCGS services and applications and the NGC board isn't the PCGS board.....you won't get banned for mentioning PCGS here :)

Edited by Mohawk

5 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

There's nothing wrong with that at all, Karen, especially since there is no NGC Photograde...yet.  There are plenty of people here who use both NGC and PCGS services and applications and the NGC board isn't the PCGS board.....you won't get banned for mentioning PCGS here :)

I think it is referred to as "across the street". Lol

I think it is referred to as "across the street". Lol

Indeed it is!  I've even talked about ANACS here from time to time.  Maybe they're "down the street" or something like that.