• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Franklin Sneeze...
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I call this the Franklin Sneeze. It's still in the original packaging. Would this be a error coin? Is this something I should consider grading? If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you 

20190630_095015.jpg

20190630_095045.jpg

19-06-30 09:54:16.png

Edited by Krzycoins
Add pictures

Krzy,

What I think you have is some staining on your coin.  Though I cannot tell you exactly what caused the stain, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on.

As always, I hope that this was of at least some help to you!

~Tom

Edited by Mohawk

13 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Is it still in the original mint cellophane package? My first thought was "wheel mark," but it is unlikely that this is one of those.

Yes, it's in the original cellophane unopened from mint. Can it be from a damaged die , or something like that? I

Can it be from a damaged die ,

No it happened after the coin minted. Sometime between when the coin left the striking chamber and it got sent out to be packaged, something got on the coin.

I have seen some pretty damaged coins that ended up getting put in sets.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:30 PM, Greenstang said:

No it happened after the coin minted. Sometime between when the coin left the striking chamber and it got sent out to be packaged, something got on the coin.

I have seen some pretty damaged coins that ended up getting put in sets.

As have I, especially in sets from the 1960's and 1970's.  You should see some of the horrible cents I've pulled from original sealed sets from the 1960's and 1970's.  The nickels can be pretty bad, too.  The US Mint was actually pretty sloppy in that era.

Edited by Mohawk

12 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Hey, it's a sneezing Franklin. You cannot go wrong with a Sneezing Franklin. I love this guy! We should compare oddities. Lol!

Lol!  You're great Karen.....it's always a good thing when you're active on here :)

10 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Thanks Tom. Had a few long nights lately and you guys are busy, busy, busy.

Yeah....we've been busy on here for sure....lots of stuff happening here lately.

Edited by Mohawk