• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 D silver quarter DDR error ?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I think you need photos that are straight on instead of from an angle. It is much easier to make a coin look Doubled from an angle and nearly impossible straight on. You obviously can take decent pictures so why do it as you have.

I also agree with the assessment of machine doubling.  Machine doubling is extremely common on US coins from the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's.

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

I also agree with the assessment of machine doubling.  Machine doubling is extremely common on US coins from the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's.

Do you think it would be worth grading it? 

Just now, Krzycoins said:

Do you think it would be worth grading it? 

No.  Machine doubling adds no value to coins as many collectors actually consider it a form of damage and it is so common.  The 1963-D Washington Quarter is also an extremely common coin, even in high grades.  If I were you, I'd save my money :)

I hope that helps!

1 minute ago, Mohawk said:

No.  Machine doubling adds no value to coins as many collectors actually consider it a form of damage and it is so common.  The 1963-D Washington Quarter is also an extremely common coin, even in high grades.  If I were you, I'd save my money :)

I hope that helps!

How about RPM  

1 minute ago, Krzycoins said:

How about RPM  

There may be some 1963-D RPMs that are worth a premium, but I cannot even begin to answer that question without a photo of what you are referring to.  It's also possible that what may look to you like an RPM is actually more machine doubling, which is a very common occurrence in coins of this age.  I'm also not an expert on Washington Quarter varieties by any means.....I feel that I should throw that disclaimer out there.