• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Cumberland Iland Quarter
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Does the quarter have any errors? The rim looks bigger on one side, Looks like doubling in some letters, looks like doubling in the image, also looks like another 2 above the 2018. Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you kindly

2018 ciland.jpg

Machine Doubling not Doubled Die. I remember reading somewhere  that about 70% of the State and Parks coins had MD.

I don't see a two above the date, just a continuation of the stain mark on the field.

The rim is larger on one side because it is a slightly Misaligned Die, not enough for a premium.

Thank you for the reply. I’m trying to understand it better. I have so many coins put to the side to see if I can figure out the differences as you guys do. I get more lost. Lol. Thank you for the explanation. Sorry for the inconveniences.

One thing to remember Reme84 is that NORMALLY, if the doubling is all over the coin and includes both the characters and the design it is Machine Doubling. Now that's not 100% the case but right around 95% of the time I'd say that's how it is. Also, with the State and Parks Quarters most of the Doubled Dies occur either around Washington's ear or in the design on the Reverse sides, for example you'll see the weeds I have circled on this Bombay Hook, I use it because there aren't any known DD's for the Cumberland YET but the weeds are kinda similar and my Quarter is a Doubled Die. I hope that helps. I tend to be a little windy at times. Happy hunting to you!

Screenshot_2019-01-25-20-35-28-1.png