• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Israel proof coin question

2 posts in this topic

Hello, Thanks again for all the past help. I have come across several 1949 coins from Israel that are listed as "Proofs. I am trying to determine if this could be the case.In order to narrow that down I wanted to know if the proofs listed were all with or without the "pearl" All of the ones I have listed as proofs do have the pearl. Thanks!

Hi Callinectes,

I've noticed that no one has responded to you since Saturday, so while my help is going to be quite limited I may be able to point you in a direction.  Israeli coins are a very specialized knowledge....I don't know how many people here actually collect them.  As far as I know, that's a very small collector base.  I don't because I've never found them to be aesthetically pleasing, but that's just me.  I don't know if you know about Numista, but it's a pretty good source of knowledge for many World coins.  Here's a link to their Israel page....you may be able to find some more info on your particular coins there:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/israel-1.html

I hope that this may be of some help to you.  Good luck!

~Tom

Edited by Mohawk