• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

image.thumb.png.e703ee67442edf42ce38c071348e828f.png

Ahh...Woodstock.  Very cool.  My fiancee's uncle actually was there!  Sadly, he and her dad were supposed to be painting a house for a neighbor who hired them to do so at the time and Steve (my fiancee's uncle) ran off to Woodstock and left Scott (her dad) holding the brush!  That was a serious point of contention between the two of them for many years afterward.

Edited by Mohawk

6 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Ahh...Woodstock.  Very cool.  My fiancee's uncle actually was there!  Sadly, he and her dad were supposed to be painting a house for a neighbor who hired them to do so at the time and Steve (my fiancee's uncle) ran off to Woodstock and left Scott (her dad) holding the brush!  That was a serious point of contention between the two of them for many years afterward.

Now that's a serious missed moment of history. I wonder: were there sani-cans at Woodstock, or did it basically become Dookstock? I'd expect that pasture was a biohazard zone for decades to come, just from people yacking up cheap beer.

12 minutes ago, JKK said:

Now that's a serious missed moment of history. I wonder: were there sani-cans at Woodstock, or did it basically become Dookstock? I'd expect that pasture was a biohazard zone for decades to come, just from people yacking up cheap beer.

Oh yeah....it was nasty.  My fiancee's uncle had some pretty nasty stories about Woodstock.  That pasture got real raunchy real fast......lots of alcohol, lots of drugs, high temperatures, food out in the high temperatures........that's a rancid combination right there!  I honestly wouldn't have wanted to be there.....that's just too nasty for me.

43 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Oh yeah....it was nasty.  My fiancee's uncle had some pretty nasty stories about Woodstock.  That pasture got real raunchy real fast......lots of alcohol, lots of drugs, high temperatures, food out in the high temperatures........that's a rancid combination right there!  I honestly wouldn't have wanted to be there.....that's just too nasty for me.

I can easily imagine some infected cuts that would get someone her own specimen refrigerator at a prestigious medical school.

1 minute ago, JKK said:

I can easily imagine some infected cuts that would get someone her own specimen refrigerator at a prestigious medical school.

So can I my friend, so can I.  If you wanted some nasty cooties, Woodstock was a great place to get them for sure!  Actually, there were likely A LOT of places to get some nasty cooties back in those days......*shudder*

Just now, Mohawk said:

So can I my friend, so can I.  If you wanted some nasty cooties, Woodstock was a great place to get them for sure!  Actually, there were likely A LOT of places to get some nasty cooties back in those days......*shudder*

And they got worse. 1969: the Summer of Love. 1979: the Summer of Herpes. 1989: the Summer of HIV. An old buddy and fellow freethinker from fourth grade (1973-74), I later learned, came out right about the early 80s and was positive early on. He's one of the few survivors. I can't even begin what it's like to imagine losing most of your friends before you are forty.

7 minutes ago, JKK said:

And they got worse. 1969: the Summer of Love. 1979: the Summer of Herpes. 1989: the Summer of HIV. An old buddy and fellow freethinker from fourth grade (1973-74), I later learned, came out right about the early 80s and was positive early on. He's one of the few survivors. I can't even begin what it's like to imagine losing most of your friends before you are forty.

I know.....that had to be absolutely horrible.  I actually did some research on the early days of the HIV/AIDS epidemic as part of a presentation that the history department did at the community college where I adjunct for Pride Month one year.  It was absolutely chilling and heartbreaking.  I cannot even imagine the sorrow and the horror of that time......people getting sick with this mysterious, fatal disease and no one even knew what caused it then.  I'm really glad to hear that your friend is still with us.