• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Compatibility of Chrome with NGC site?

6 posts in this topic

New here, so maybe this has been discussed previously.  I have found that I must use Internet Explorer to navigate this site.  Only the "NGC" icon, the "NCS Conservation" and the "News" tabs (all of which are links and not drops downs) work at all for me in Chrome.  The others don't drop down in Chrome like they do in IE.   "Add Coin" and My NGC" also don't work. 

Is this a known issue or an I just special?  :)

Does anyone know what the code is behind the drop downs?  Maybe it's just a setting on my system but it'd be easier to find (rather than just enabling a bunch of stuff) if I know what's driving those. 

Thanks!

On 6/26/2019 at 11:28 AM, Thompson2 said:

Does anyone know what the code is behind the drop downs?  Maybe it's just a setting on my system but it'd be easier to find (rather than just enabling a bunch of stuff) if I know what's driving those. 

Thanks!

Looks like basic html to me.  "About", "Coin Grading", "Submit", and "Resources" being <span> commands rather than a straight link to the other site.

image.png.6a72e1baefc89383937c75e309b128a1.png

Would it help you if I copy & paste all the linked pages from the <span> menus so you could set bookmarks to the pages you prefer?  Probably not easier than jumping over to IE but if you're like me then the harder way to do things is always more fun.  Plus I'd rather use Netscape at this point than any microsoft browser.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, CRAWTOMATIC said:

Looks like basic html to me.  "About", "Coin Grading", "Submit", and "Resources" being <span> commands rather than a straight link to the other site.

image.png.6a72e1baefc89383937c75e309b128a1.png

Would it help you if I copy & paste all the linked pages from the <span> menus so you could set bookmarks to the pages you prefer?  Probably not easier than jumping over to IE but if you're like me then the harder way to do things is always more fun.  Plus I'd rather use Netscape at this point than any microsoft browser.

I'd rather not have to resort to that (although my two favorite tools *are* brute force and ignorance...lol).  I'll try the site on a different computer.  It's likely just a weird setting on this one...  And if I do go the BF&E route, I can pull that from the source.  Somehow I thought it'd be a bit more complex that that.... but then again, html isn't my strong suit...