• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The famous silver 1943 silver/steel Ddo! Always trust your gut key too collectibles not any fools!🤷‍♂️Carful I’m a troll:)

67 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Mokiechan said:

Congratulations everyone for taking a potentially horrid thread and turning it into the National Geographic Special we all really need to see.  Mohawk, You did Win the Internet Today. 

laddie.jpg

Thank you so much for the kind words and the Scottie pic!! I LOVE Star Trek and Scottie is my absolute favorite from the Original Series!  But in all seriousness.....it's always good in life when a potential negative can be turned into a positive.  I think everyone got a laugh, which is always a good thing.  Laughter is one of the greatest gifts that life gives us.  And, yes Mokie, you really do need to find a video of a hippo doing a muckspread.....it really does have to be seen to be truly appreciated!

Edited by Mohawk

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

Well, this thread has officially been derailed.

And since it has, I will add that a giraffe once tried to eat my ponytail.

But if there was ever a thread that needed to be derailed, it was this one Bob.  And, you have to admit, we really did turn thread derailing into an art here!  And, one more addition from me.  When I lived in Fresno CA, there was this great little pet shop called Whitey's.  In addition to collecting coins and birdwatching, I've also always kept freshwater fish.  My favorites are Siamese Fighting Fish and Tetras (Pirahna relatives). So, I would go in there frequently to get stuff for my fish and the owner had this gorgeous black cockatoo that came to work with him every day and who had a mouth so dirty that there had to be a sign on the door warning people about the bird's profanity.  It turns out that the owner of the shop adopted this beautiful bird when his original owner died.....who was the meanest old man on the planet with the dirtiest mouth in the universe.  That cockatoo had some language, let me tell you.  I can't even think of an example of something he said that would make it past the censors here but, trust me, it was pretty bad.

Edited by Mohawk

14 minutes ago, JKK said:

We were being carful.

Indeed we were my friend, indeed we were!

My zoo story was in the aviary.  Don't look up in those things.  I caught a nice big runny one right on the forehead.  I swore I heard that bird laugh.  My wife for sure was laughing.

7 hours ago, TON Collection said:

Mohawk don’t feed into this guy anymore man. Stick to the silent treatment and it will go away . Yes I called it a IT.  Or better else a dud.  I honestly kind of feel bad because of bad denial can be for some people. All we can do is say our prayers for these individuals 

Well put, my brother.

37 minutes ago, Coin Cave said:

My zoo story was in the aviary.  Don't look up in those things.  I caught a nice big runny one right on the forehead.  I swore I heard that bird laugh.  My wife for sure was laughing.

Oh do I know that rule well!  I'm a bird guy and I like to go out and birdwatch.......I haven't been bombed yet, but I know plenty of people who have.  I imagine it's just a matter of time until I do......I'm just hoping that when my time comes, it's a Northern Cardinal or a Blue Jay and not a Turkey Vulture, Black Vulture or Bald Eagle......big birds that scavenge a lot on putrid things.......not good in that regard.  But since I love raptors, it probably will be one of those when the time comes.  I'm guessing that since a Black Vulture is the top of my sighting want list (they're rare in Upstate NY where I live, but they are around), I'll likely get my "baptism" (no offense meant to any Christian members of the board with that comment) from the first Black Vulture I see.  And I do strongly think that there is an amusement element for birds when they bomb someone.  They're intelligent creatures, most of them, and they do partake in activities for the sheer amusement of it ;)

Edited by Mohawk

37 minutes ago, bwolper said:

Well put, my brother.

Agreed Bruce, but this thread really has turned into something magical......look at all the fun communications that we're having here!  I'm glad it happened.....this discussion has been a ton of fun!

4 hours ago, Mokiechan said:

muck.jpg

Is that the kind of vehicle it takes to clean up after a hippo does its thing? They could use one at zoos. A bud of mine interned at the Seattle zoo and one of his jobs was marketing ZooDoo: the animals' dook used for fertilizer.

2 hours ago, JKK said:

Is that the kind of vehicle it takes to clean up after a hippo does its thing? They could use one at zoos. A bud of mine interned at the Seattle zoo and one of his jobs was marketing ZooDoo: the animals' dook used for fertilizer.

Now THAT is a dook machine right there!  I really wouldn't be surprised if you did need a machine that big to clean up after hippos.........they muckspread a lot from what I understand.  And then, at a zoo, you still have rhinos, elephants...the list goes on!  It's also interesting to know that the Seattle Zoo finds a new life for its dooks......recycling is very important :) 

8 hours ago, Collector3745 said:

3D24A35D-114E-4C54-8B86-D7960EA90310.jpeg

image.png.66a7441c531571d4aad502b5b9fc4e2e.png

Just a hippo looking for a muckspread.....

11 hours ago, Collector3745 said:

1958 Doubled die obverse. Here is one to talk and wish about guys. 

Please post a reverse pic also.  In keeping with the theme of the thread, you do know what they say about wishes?

"Deleted"

Only for the light of heart 

I cannot believe you guys mad me do it … I am discusting myself :-)

I couldn't ...deleted  hehehe

Edited by jgrinz

5 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Now THAT is a dook machine right there!  I really wouldn't be surprised if you did need a machine that big to clean up after hippos.........they muckspread a lot from what I understand.  And then, at a zoo, you still have rhinos, elephants...the list goes on!  It's also interesting to know that the Seattle Zoo finds a new life for its dooks......recycling is very important :) 

I've seen an Elephant peeing at the Zoo, I swear, it looks like a fire hose going full blast.

6 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Where I live, they've declared war on plastic straws. I wouldn't be surprised if Potland's Zoo also markets repurposed dook. Farm to table!

35 minutes ago, jgrinz said:

"Deleted"

Only for the light of heart 

I cannot believe you guys mad me do it … I am discusting myself :-)

I couldn't ...deleted  hehehe

Isn't this ever so much better than rewarding a numismesstic poster? The best forms of activism involve one's people having a good time.

Sorry, I got off topic. I just got back from a walk. I wish people in this neighborhood would pick up after Rover. We've even got people who take time to bag Rover's goodness, and then leave the bag on the sidewalk. Did they not walk past one single laggard who didn't bring her trash can back from the curb? Jeezum crow.

1 hour ago, jgrinz said:

ohhh myy gawwwd 

what you guys did  this mans thread as absolutely …………...ammmaaazzziiinnnggg …..

More please  :-)

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy and thread my friend.  It really is a work of collaborative art now though......I've been so pleased to be a part of it.  I was an art student once upon a time and I kind of feel like an artist again right now :).  And, you're right......muckspreading is not for the faint of heart.....oh no it's not.

Edited by Mohawk

45 minutes ago, Mokiechan said:

I've seen an Elephant peeing at the Zoo, I swear, it looks like a fire hose going full blast.

Now that I have seen too and you're absolutely right Mokie.....the elephant is kind of the hippopotamus of urine, I'd say.  But that tiger that got mentioned in the thread by I think it was Bob sounds like it had a pretty good hose on it also.

28 minutes ago, JKK said:

Where I live, they've declared war on plastic straws. I wouldn't be surprised if Potland's Zoo also markets repurposed dook. Farm to table!

They've done that in my little corner of NY state as well Jonathan.  Also, Wegmans (a grocery store we have out here that has a cafe in it for those unfamiliar with it) has these little dispensers that dispense a single plastic spoon, fork or knife along with napkin dispensers that do the same thing.  I'm all for environmentalism, don't get me wrong, but anything can be taken to a crazy extent!  I'm sure if Portland's zoo markets repurposed dook, our zoo here in Rochester won't be far behind (pun absolutely intended).

On 6/22/2019 at 7:34 PM, JKK said:

Isn't this ever so much better than rewarding a numismesstic poster? The best forms of activism involve one's people having a good time.

Sorry, I got off topic. I just got back from a walk. I wish people in this neighborhood would pick up after Rover. We've even got people who take time to bag Rover's goodness, and then leave the bag on the sidewalk. Did they not walk past one single laggard who didn't bring her trash can back from the curb? Jeezum crow.

Man, that is so annoying!! I'm with you on that Jonathan.  If you have a dog, clean up after it.....it's not hard to do.  Thankfully, we now live just outside of the cute little village of Newark, NY now, so we don't have dog dook issues on our walks.  However, it's a trade off.  We do have plenty of bird dook and we also get the meal leavings of American Kestrels.  You wouldn't think that tiny little falcons like that would make a hideous mess, but they do.  Since they're small, they try to avoid producing pellets as regurgitating them can be dangerous for Kestrels because of their size.  So, when they take down a squirrel, chipmunk or some other unfortunate small furry thing, they tend to pick it apart instead of swallowing it whole like larger raptors.  There's a cemetery across the street from our house where we go walking after dinner at night and my fiancee and I both have narrowly avoided stepping in what was left of some poor animal after an American Kestrel got done with dinner.  Thankfully, though, the Kestrel leavings tend not to stick around too long in the spring, summer and fall......we have a great group of Turkey Vultures out here that do a great job at cleaning up after the Kestrels and that also make pretty short work of roadkill very quickly.  They also know the days when Walmart and Wegmans tend to throw out out of date meat.  However, the Turkey Vultures migrate in the winter and the Kestrels don't, so in the winter you have to keep more of an eye out.

Edited by Mohawk

1 hour ago, Mokiechan said:

A Hippo raising legitimate concerns about Hippo exploitation on the NGC Collector Forum. 

LMAO!! That hippo is going to report the whole lot of us to the Mods.  Well, it's been a good ride.......;)

32 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Man, that is so annoying!! I'm with you on that Jonathan.  If you have a dog, clean up after it.....it's not hard to do.  Thankfully, we now live just outside of the cute little village of Newark, NY now, so we don't have dog dook issues on our walks.  However, it's a trade off.  We do have plenty of bird dook and we also get the meal leavings of American Kestrels.  You wouldn't think that tiny little falcons like that would make a hideous mess, but they do.  Since they're small, they try to avoid producing pellets as regurgitating them can be dangerous for Kestrels because of their size.  So, when they take down a squirrel, chipmunk or some other unfortunate small furry thing, they tend to pick it apart instead of swallowing it whole like larger raptors.  There's a cemetery across the street from our house where we go walking after dinner at night and my fiancee and I both have narrowly avoided stepping in what was left of some poor animal after an American Kestrel got done with dinner.

We had an owl one year (no quail that year, for sure), and I first spotted it by the dook. Looked like badly cleaned Morgans, blast white. Evidently the owls eat the whole whatever they kill, bones included.

2 hours ago, JKK said:

We had an owl one year (no quail that year, for sure), and I first spotted it by the dook. Looked like badly cleaned Morgans, blast white. Evidently the owls eat the whole whatever they kill, bones included.

Indeed they do Jonathan.....they just slug it right down, digest what can be digested and bring up a pellet.  We see those over in the cemetery as well from time to time.  You wouldn't think that something regurgitated by an owl was more pleasant than Kestrel leavings, but trust me, it is.  It's just a little grey pellet of bones, fur and sometimes feathers if they eat another bird.  And, owls certainly do dook like a badly cleaned Morgan!  That's the best description of it I've ever heard!

Edited by Mohawk
Typo

10 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

giphy-downsized.gif

I am sure that is the ultra-rare 1965 double die laying in the muck on the beach, although a better photo would make it easier to confirm.

7 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I'm sure if Portland's zoo markets repurposed dook, our zoo here in Rochester won't be far behind (pun absolutely intended).

Actually many zoos market "exotic fertilizer".

21 hours ago, Collector3745 said:

1958 Doubled die obverse. Here is one to talk and wish about guys. 

Why would I wish about a coin worth less than 10 cents?