What would be the error of this coin
2 2

13 posts in this topic

42 posts

There is too much going on with the penny for me to figure out which error it possibly could be on obverse and major reverse errors.

1122B0DC-98A9-46CD-AC7D-5EB09D78D019.jpeg

9DA77899-E00A-4238-811C-54E5342FA432.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
392 posts
50 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

That's NOT die deterioration.  Looks more like a double strike, first strike in collar and second broadstruck.

I was thinking along those lines as well.  The flip is distorting the image somewhat though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 posts

The closest noes image and from lip to chin I could come up with is 1999 proof penny.th nose is more pointy like the 1999 S proof. Ahh. Wishful thinking!BFA1DFB4-9CCC-4300-BD16-770D1E74E1D6.thumb.jpeg.d1e2cebde348ecd9a8632d37b6e6b5da.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,866 posts
4 hours ago, Conder101 said:

That's NOT die deterioration.  Looks more like a double strike, first strike in collar and second broadstruck.

I stand corrected.....I've been looking at too many pictures of cents on here lately.  Good catch Conder :)

Edited by Mohawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,493 posts

It is worth a premium, exactly how much I couldn't say.  Errors are not my field of collecting.  Errors can be hard to price because every one is different.  I would think at least $25 though maybe more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205 posts
On 6/18/2019 at 2:36 PM, Conder101 said:

That's NOT die deterioration.  Looks more like a double strike, first strike in collar and second broadstruck.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:44 PM, Reme84 said:

The closest noes image and from lip to chin I could come up with is 1999 proof penny.th nose is more pointy like the 1999 S proof. Ahh. Wishful thinking!BFA1DFB4-9CCC-4300-BD16-770D1E74E1D6.thumb.jpeg.d1e2cebde348ecd9a8632d37b6e6b5da.jpeg

 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, Reme84 said:

There is too much going on with the penny for me to figure out which error it possibly could be on obverse and major reverse errors.

1122B0DC-98A9-46CD-AC7D-5EB09D78D019.jpeg

9DA77899-E00A-4238-811C-54E5342FA432.jpeg

Double strike coin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2