• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Genuine 1969s Doubled die obverse

27 posts in this topic

Collector3745.....I don't think you took my advice in the right way.....you're starting to backslide into these problematic posts with bad photos and inaccurate claims.  Not good.  I can't really tell much from the photo of the Liberty, but this coin does not appear to be the big DDO that you are looking for.  If I were you, I really wouldn't send that to NGC and if you keep moving back into this kind of thing on the boards, I'm going to stop helping you out......I don't want my name connected to your posts if you start doing this kind of thing again.  You post could be interpreted as my agreeing that your coin is a 1969-S DDO.....I do not agree with that claim whatsoever.  Like I said before, you really need to ask instead of proclaim as you have a lot to learn.

Edited by Mohawk

1 minute ago, Mohawk said:

Collector3745.....I don't think you took my advice in the right way.....you're starting to backslide into these problematic posts with bad photos and inaccurate claims.  Not good.  I can't really tell much from the photo of the Liberty, but this coin does not appear to be the big DDO that you are looking for.  If I were you, I really wouldn't send that to NGC and if you keep moving back into this kind of thing on the boards, I'm going to stop helping you out......I don't want my name connected to your posts if you start doing this kind of thing again.  You post could be interpreted as my agreeing that your coin is a 1969-S DDO.....I do not agree with that claim whatsoever.  Like I said before, you really need to ask instead of proclaim as you have a lot to learn.

That sucks Mohawk! That your wrong  and as for that goes  I don’t want nor do I need your help. Thanks buddy for the find🥴🤑

Well.....I should have known it was too good to be true.  Go right ahead and waste your time and money finding and slabbing these coins.  You have to be a troll......I can't believe anyone could actually be as abysmally terrible at coins as you are.  It's time to stop feeding the troll....back on ignore you go.

Edited by Mohawk

3 hours ago, Dukemnm said:

@Collector3745

Do post NGC results when you get the coin back. I am curious by nature and I am now curious. I have sent in some 1972 coins that I thought were DD only to come back machine doubling. of course, they don't put that in the slab, so now I have 1972s that are worth 1 cent, slapped. :D LOL

I can't wait to see the results from this......this guy is either a troll or he's the absolute worst numismatist I've ever seen.  I'm hoping for troll because it actually depresses me to think that someone could be so consistently unskilled at collecting and evaluating coins.  I guess we'll know if he posts results.  If he doesn't, definite troll.

Edited by Mohawk

10 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I can't wait to see the results from this......this guy is either a troll or he's the absolute worst numismatist I've ever seen.  I'm hoping for troll because it actually depresses me to think that someone could be so consistently unskilled at collecting and evaluating coins.  I guess we'll know if he posts results.  If he doesn't, definite troll.

I suspect Absolute Worst Numismatist Ever,

4 hours ago, ilLOminatus said:

some of these threads crack me up, lol!

They do have a high amusement value if you're just a lurker. 

I suspect Absolute Worst Numismatist Ever

Sadly, Mokie, so do I.  We've seen the absolute bottom of the numismatic skill barrel and it's Collector3745.

12 hours ago, ilLOminatus said:

some of these threads crack me up, lol!

Yeah....Collector3745 is good for a laugh if you're just watching.  I would strongly recommend against trying to help him or really trying to communicate with him in any way though......actual interaction with him quickly destroys any comedic value.

Edited by Mohawk

2 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Yeah....Collector3745 is good for a laugh if you're just watching.  Don't try to help him or really try to communicate with him in any way though......actual interaction with him quickly destroys any comedic value.

Lurker Mohawk hope your having a great day just showing who’s the laugh at now your the one with a lot to learn bud !!✌🏻🥴🤑

90A0A867-CA8D-4B97-9889-E6A34E800867.png

30 minutes ago, Collector3745 said:

Lurker Mohawk hope your having a great day just showing who’s the laugh at now your the one with a lot to learn bud !!✌🏻🥴🤑

90A0A867-CA8D-4B97-9889-E6A34E800867.png

OKAY, I'll bite, so in 24 hours, you were able to get the cent you initially showed, the badly photographed one, slabbed as a DDO by ANACS when you stated it was On Its Way to NGC?  Interesting!

9 minutes ago, Mokiechan said:

OKAY, I'll bite, so in 24 hours, you were able to get the cent you initially showed, the badly photographed one, slabbed as a DDO by ANACS when you stated it was On Its Way to NGC?  Interesting!

I don't buy it.  Not one bit.  He could have gotten that picture anywhere online and posted it here. There's no proof that it's actually his coin.  Here's my 1913 Liberty Nickel which is the finest known:

image.png.752d08846b173955c02bcb356db2cd46.png

It's so rare and valuable!  I found it myself and sent it in to PCGS!! I'm such a skilled collector and I know everything!

And here's the truth of the matter:

https://nypost.com/2018/08/15/rare-nickel-goes-for-4-5m-at-auction/

Like I said before.  Troll.

Edited by Mohawk
Wrong link.

8 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

I don't buy it.  Not one bit.  He could have gotten that picture anywhere online and posted it here. There's no proof that it's actually his coin.  Here's my 1913 Liberty Nickel which is the finest known:

image.png.752d08846b173955c02bcb356db2cd46.png

It's so rare and valuable!  I found it myself and sent it in to PCGS!! I'm such a skilled collector and I know everything!

And here's the truth of the matter:

https://nypost.com/2018/08/15/rare-nickel-goes-for-4-5m-at-auction/

Like I said before.  Troll.

But he is such an unskilled troll, it just makes you laugh everytime there is a new post.  All right, I have to quit this thread, I am just a lurker, I am just a lurker.  (:

24 minutes ago, Mokiechan said:

But he is such an unskilled troll, it just makes you laugh everytime there is a new post.  All right, I have to quit this thread, I am just a lurker, I am just a lurker.  (:

I hear you Mokie......sometimes it's very hard to pull your eyes away from a train wreck, which this definitely is.  I have to quit it too......trolls starve or move when you don't feed them ;).   And you're right about another thing Mokie.....he is even unskilled at being a troll.  I've seen much better ones here in my time.  Do you remember the Coin Titler guy from the old boards?  Now that guy knew how to troll!  Synoptic12 even did a better job than this guy.

Edited by Mohawk

21 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

Of course a simple look at the toning pattern on the ANACS piece shows it is NOT the same coin as the one he originally posted.

Which is highly unsurprising.  He found that photo somewhere and posted it here, just like "my" 1913 Liberty Nickel.  I didn't think that coin looked like any of the coins he's posted here.  Like I said before, he's a troll and he's not even a very good troll. 

4 hours ago, Mohawk said:

You're absolutely right Mokie.....that one is probably one from the first thousand or so he found, sent to ANACS before he found NGC and began to grace us and reward us with his presence, his high level of numismatic skill and his coherent, rewarding content.  The rest of the pile, along with his equally large pile of 1958 Doubled Dies, will undoubtedly be in NGC holders.  Maybe NGC will even give him a special label for his hoard because he is the Dalai Lama of DDOs. 

If you fools only new me lmao 😂 Keep talking your shi$. Maybe you will find a valuable coin or coins one day lol grow up!🖕🏻

6B3E31B5-BF89-4CD6-BA1D-C3070AE47A9C.jpeg

Collector3745, I would like to pass along some information that might prove valuable to you:

In the early 90s, the US Mint started making the mint mark part of the design/plaster mold of business strike coins, something that they started doing with proof coins in '85. Up until then, they were punching the mint mark into each working die by hand, after it had been created by having been pressed by the working hub. That pressing by the hub is when the various types of doubled dies are formed. The dies were hubbed more than once, so movement of the hub during the pressing process, movement between presses, tilting of the hub,  - all of these things and more caused the various types of doubling that we refer to as DDO and DDR. The point though, is that the mint mark was not on the hub or the die at that time.Thus- and this is important-  in 1969, when your coin was minted, there was no mint mark on the die until after it (the die) was formed. 

Your coin in the picture at the beginning of this thread shows doubling on the date. It also shows doubling on the mint mark, which matches the doubling of the date in direction, intensity, and spread. There are only two ways for this to happen. One would be for a coin to have a DDO with a repunched mint mark that matches the doubling perfectly. The odds of this are slim,  to say the least, but I checked Variety Vista, just to be sure. There are no DDOs with matching RPMs listed for your coin in 1969. Likewise, there no RPMs with DDOs, either. Since the only time that the mint mark and the date were on the die at the same time was after it was created,  the doubling would have to have happened after  the mint mark was added, so it could only have happened when the coin was struck. That would be the second way for it to have happened- Strike Doubling.  And, that is what your coin has.

Again, to put it plainly, a coin minted in 1969 which showed hub doubling (DDO or DDR) would not have a doubled mint mark with the exact same doubling. Your coin does have that matching doubling. Therefore, your coin can not be a doubled die.

This post was written late last night, after a very long and trying day, so I apologize for the rambling. I was trying to make the point clearly as possible, but it seems to have gotten muddled some. I will post it any way, with the goal  of sharing some info. Hope it does some good.

Bob,

You really are a patient, patient man.  I've tried to tell him much of this as well....it's done no good.  He's just a troll at this point.  If I were you, I wouldn't waste anymore time and effort on this guy.  He's a lost cause.

3 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Bob,

You really are a patient, patient man.  I've tried to tell him much of this as well....it's done no good.  He's just a troll at this point.  If I were you, I wouldn't waste anymore time and effort on this guy.  He's a lost cause.

I understand!! Thanks bob I appreciate ya😉

70147D63-E13E-4C2B-A862-1D6E5DBAF8D3.jpeg