• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 S severe Damage or error?

9 posts in this topic

Last one for a while. I really appreciate everyone's options. 

Found this Penny that looks to be severely  environmental  damage or is it one of the lamination error? 

Is it worth saving?  Can you imagine the history? Probably  buried somewhere  and some one came along  and dug it up after finding  it with a metal detector.  :D

who knows. I found  it in a bank roll. 

20190613_213503.jpg

13 hours ago, Dukemnm said:

Last one for a while. I really appreciate everyone's options. 

Found this Penny that looks to be severely  environmental  damage or is it one of the lamination error? 

Is it worth saving?  Can you imagine the history? Probably  buried somewhere  and some one came along  and dug it up after finding  it with a metal detector.  :D

who knows. I found  it in a bank roll. 

20190613_213503.jpg

EEESH! I just noticed, looks like Lincoln got decapitated :(

Just now, Greenstang said:

Looks to me like glue or some other substance has been spilled on it. 

Soak it overnight in acetone and see if it comes off.

Agreed with Greenstang, Manuel.  I think we'll know more after an acetone bath on this one.

Well, Manuel, that's an interesting finding....man, do people do weird things to coins!  Looks like it's a regular old 1971-S with some rim dings under its pink coating.

Edited by Mohawk