• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on the unknown peace dollar

11 posts in this topic

First of all to the gracious coin collectors who reacted and reached out in a serious and respectful manner on this subject thanks and I have contacted the secret service agent in my region so they can view and verify that the coin is genuine silver and the correct pattern and weight and dimensions as specified by the us mint in Philadelphia and Denver and if it's a novelty that was made by Daniel carr then it's still pretty damn cool and would be a great addition to any true collectors set, and as to just Bob and his unprofessional and unappreciated comments I hope that when you have a loved one who is ailing and on his or her death bed that you get the same thing said about you and your posts, by the way my father is a 100% disabled retired marine veteran of the Vietnam war and I am also a retired disabled navy and army veteran of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and you should be ashamed of the comments you posted and trust me any time you feel froggy fella just let me know and we can meet in person and we'll see what you have to say when you are face to face with me and the same thing goes for anyone else who wants to throw some inappropriate remarks on here about my honesty and integrity and my aling hero ( my father) so again if you are one of the respectful people who commented thank you, and as for those who disrespectfully commented REMEMBER WHAT I SAID,  ANYTIME YOU FEEL FROGGY, LET ME KNOW AND WE'LL SETTLE IT IN PERSON!!!!!!******$$$$%####$, 

Well......good luck on your coin.  Also, I reported you to the Mods for the aggressive tone of this post.  This kind of thing is not welcome here, regardless of your personal feelings.  Sorry about your father, but still, not appropriate nor even acceptable to imply threats of physical violence against anyone, no matter what they said to you.

Edited by Mohawk

Imply threats of violence,  wow,  talk about assumptions that are dumb and unfair, there was never a threat of physical violence in any wording of my post and to assume it is very immature and unfair to the reaction that i had, especially when I was simply seeking advice and knowledge from other coin collectors and professionals in the industry, the comments to my original post and about my father were uncalled for and unprofessional not to mention immature and another form of cyber bullying, so get the best possible information before making any other assumptions about my tone in my post and what it implies, asking me for clarification of my post would have been the professional way to get the issue resolved, 

Secondly I don't mind people being stupid and taking cheap shots at me through posts or anything else but theirs a line that you don't and should never cross and that's taking cheap shots at my ailing father who can't even defend himself here in this blog, so maybe you should be addressing the problem with the members who said those words before you say anything about my reactions. 

8 hours ago, Wolfe75 said:

Imply threats of violence,  wow,  talk about assumptions that are dumb and unfair, there was never a threat of physical violence in any wording of my post and to assume it is very immature and unfair to the reaction that i had, especially when I was simply seeking advice and knowledge from other coin collectors and professionals in the industry, the comments to my original post and about my father were uncalled for and unprofessional not to mention immature and another form of cyber bullying, so get the best possible information before making any other assumptions about my tone in my post and what it implies, asking me for clarification of my post would have been the professional way to get the issue resolved, 

Secondly I don't mind people being stupid and taking cheap shots at me through posts or anything else but theirs a line that you don't and should never cross and that's taking cheap shots at my ailing father who can't even defend himself here in this blog, so maybe you should be addressing the problem with the members who said those words before you say anything about my reactions. 

I had to search to find the original thread you were referring to.  I can understand how some of the comments would be offensive, but this response does not leave any ambiguity about an invitation to meet and fight:

" REMEMBER WHAT I SAID,  ANYTIME YOU FEEL FROGGY, LET ME KNOW AND WE'LL SETTLE IT IN PERSON!!!!!!******$$$$%####$"

I regret when new members come in and wind up with intense posts from riled up natives.  The last thing we need to do is discourage new forum members or new collectors.  The natives react strongly to posts that suggest something fake and portions of your posts were apparently interpreted as such from a few.  There is a cadence to posting on coin forums, and this one, believe it or not, is the calmer/nicer of the two primary boards out there.  Good luck with the coin, and even if a fake it could still be interesting. 

First of all, if you do not believe the backstory on Wolfe75's original post, a mature person will leave that part of it alone and simply respond to the actual coin in question.  To disparage the backstory, even if you think it is all bull tacos, is just bullying and inappropriate.  I also believe that Wolfe75's threat is inappropriate and should be cause for some punitive action by NGC.   Grow Up Everyone, it's just a coin, it's not in any way, shape, or form, important in the grand scheme of things.  

13 hours ago, Wolfe75 said:

Okay Wolfe...

You sent me some PMs that I haven't read and I don't believe that I need to.  I think we can discuss this here and I think that's the last discussion you and I are going to have.  First off, I can understand why you were upset by Bob's reaction.  I can.  But, I was not dumb nor unfair to accuse you of threatening violence because you absolutely did.  What else could you possibly have meant by these statements:

any time you feel froggy fella just let me know and we can meet in person and we'll see what you have to say when you are face to face with me and the same thing goes for anyone else who wants to throw some inappropriate remarks on here about my honesty and integrity and my aling hero ( my father) so again if you are one of the respectful people who commented thank you, and as for those who disrespectfully commented REMEMBER WHAT I SAID,  ANYTIME YOU FEEL FROGGY, LET ME KNOW AND WE'LL SETTLE IT IN PERSON!!!!!!******$$$$%####$, 

There is no other way to interpret that.  I'm certain that you were not inviting Bob out for a cup of coffee to have a constructive dialog about why what he said upset you with that statement.  What Bob said was upsetting to you, and some other members seem to agree that he should have been more delicate or he should have left it alone entirely and they may have a point.  What Bob did was bad form, at worst.  Not polite maybe, but also not menacing nor threatening.  You, sir, by coming back at Bob and others with what you did was absolutely an implication of violence and that goes beyond bad form.  It is menacing and threatening.  It's also unacceptable, completely unacceptable.  It is never alright to threaten another person with violence or to imply a threat of violence toward another person because you do not like what they say.  This kind of thing is never okay.  If I'm being stupid or dumb for telling you that any implications of physical violence against other people are never acceptable, then I'm stupid or dumb.  Bob may have crossed a line with you, but there are ways to handle that without doing what you did.  But you crossed a much more important line with your highly confrontational threat of violence.  Your misdeed was by far the worse one.  As I said before, I reported you to the Mods and I stand by it and there should be punitive action taken against you for this.  This was unacceptable Wolfe.  And that's all I need to say to you.

Edited by Mohawk

3 hours ago, Mokiechan said:

Grow Up Everyone, it's just a coin, it's not in any way, shape, or form, important in the grand scheme of things.  

I do agree with this, Mokie.  It is kind of silly to get so worked up over a coin.  I wasn't worked up about that......I just don't like violent people and threats of violence....probably weird to hear from a Roman coin guy, but it's true.  No matter what Bob did, how Wolfe responded to it was far worse.  No one should be threatened with violence because someone doesn't like what they say, especially over something that is relatively trivial, like a coin.

Edited by Mohawk

6 hours ago, Matt_dac said:

I regret when new members come in and wind up with intense posts from riled up natives.  The last thing we need to do is discourage new forum members or new collectors.  The natives react strongly to posts that suggest something fake and portions of your posts were apparently interpreted as such from a few.  There is a cadence to posting on coin forums, and this one, believe it or not, is the calmer/nicer of the two primary boards out there.

It can be regrettable when this sort of thing happens, Matt, I agree with that.  But there are also some members you don't want.  A guy who reacts this way to comments he doesn't like would fall firmly in that camp, I'd say.  Wolfe75 seems to have quite an anger problem.

Edited by Mohawk

32 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

No matter what Bob did, how Wolfe responded to it was far worse.  No one should be threatened with violence because someone doesn't like what they say, especially over something that is relatively trivial, like a coin.

I absolutely agree, that's why I also said that NGC should punish Wolfe75, there is never a need to threaten violence over such a little thing. 

29 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

I do agree with this, Mokie.  It is kind of silly to get so worked up over a coin.  I wasn't worked up about that......I just don't like violent people and threats of violence....probably weird to hear from a Roman coin guy, but it's true.  No matter what Bob did, how Wolfe responded to it was far worse.  No one should be threatened with violence because someone doesn't like what they say, especially over something that is relatively trivial, like a coin.

I really hate when people misunderstand things, I can't make it any plainer than this it's not the comments about the coin that upset me and never was it was the cheap cowardly comment about my father  , and say what you will if the situation was reversed you and anyone for that matter would have been as angry as I was especially with my father dying, so one last time , I didn't threaten him or anyone with violence, honestly it's ashame I didn't Express it more clear, that's the combat veteran in me were terrible at expressing things properly in writing, so I'll try this, what's the best way to shut someone up and make them feel stupid, show them in person they are wrong and let them feel like a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces, so, (one )take him to the shop my friend owns (two show him the coin and text's, (three) take him to the hospital were my father is , then he's going to feel about 2 inches tall and that's what I meant by we can settle it in person  , again that is as plain as I can make it. 

No one here knows your dad.  No one here knows you.  We all feel for you during this difficult time. At this point I'd like to point out that this is a coin collectors forum. 

Please post pics of the coin.