• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

12 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, B.L.21 said:

My man, could you just start one thread and post all your photos into? Also, did you send your coins in for grading yet?

2 minutes ago, B.L.21 said:

My man, could you just start one thread and post all your photos into? Also, did you send your coins in for grading yet?

No  haven’t sent in there not Doubled dies I’m new I do t know how to start a thread

Collector3745...that's a much better thread title.  Since you appear to be trying, I will as well.  Well, your pictures aren't the greatest but I can tell that your coin is not the big, famous 1955 DDO Cent.  That one is super visible....there's no mistaking it, even in blurry photos.  Here's the NGC Variety Plus page to show you what the big DDO looks like:

https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/united-states/cents/lincoln-cents-wheat-reverse-1909-1958/12827/

Now, there are some minor Doubled Dies on the 1955 cent and there is what is called the 1955 Poor Man's Doubled Die, which isn't actually a Doubled Die at all but the product of die deterioration.  However, I cannot assess your coin for these varieties because your photos are simply too poor to do so.  That's another area you'll want to work on......your photos.  Poor quality photos usually result in answers which also aren't of the highest quality.  The better the photos and the threads that you post, the better help you'll get.

Just now, Collector3745 said:

Thanks Mohawk

No problem.  Glad to help when my help is truly wanted and well received.  And thank you for working on your threads on the boards.  It's noticed and it's appreciated.  :)

16 minutes ago, Collector3745 said:

E07CF74A-0325-4E7E-BE1B-2EC934A42029.jpeg

1D5461EB-5046-46EA-AEA0-F4824F2EBC31.jpeg

That one looks like a grease-filled die has prevented the last two digits of the date (1919) to strike up fully. 

16 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

That one looks like a grease-filled die has prevented the last two digits of the date (1919) to strike up fully. 

Agreed with Bob....definite grease filled die.