• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1999D Delaware state quarter

6 posts in this topic

I have these Delaware state quarters that are still in the mint wrap and  I was wanting to see if in picture #2 if you see no ear on Washington as I do compared to the other 2 pics 1&3? The pics are not great but they were taken and sent to me by someone else , so I apologize in advance . I would appreciate any and all input you may have!

Thank you as always!

>Tracy

F64DA60E-908D-4E9C-A399-0F3A90EA4259.jpeg

C2CC2CCF-0951-47C3-BD09-FBD2FC6C11FD.jpeg

82303467-30CA-417E-A7D1-6025089ACDD4.jpeg

871FC6F1-BD47-4812-8A9E-D522C25690D0.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Possibly from a lighter strike. There is not as much detail in the #2 coin.

Could also be from grease filled dies.  I've seen some Kennedy Halves that have the same look as Tracy's quarters and that was what caused it with them.

33 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Could also be from grease filled dies.  I've seen some Kennedy Halves that have the same look as Tracy's quarters and that was what caused it with them.

Thank you both for your input, I really appreciate you guys!

>Tracy 

The lighting on picture 2 is different from the other two pictures. That makes it difficult, if not impossible, to compare the strikes accurately.

6 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

The lighting on picture 2 is different from the other two pictures. That makes it difficult, if not impossible, to compare the strikes accurately.

I know ! Someone else had taken the pics and sent them to me but I will send new ones soon for y’all to look at again !

As always thank you so very much!

>Tracy