• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 D Lincoln Memorial Cent

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I just wanted to get a second set of eyes on this one to make sure I’m not missing anything. There is a lot of damage on reverse with multiple things going on. I just wanted to be sure it’s just PSD is that the correct term?

As always thank you for any and all input!

>Tracy 

2C9D6DA5-8FB0-4DD3-9873-7A0BF7946899.jpeg

85C6E73F-951C-4602-B30B-5AB6C2D85EBE.jpeg

Either PSD (Post Strike Damage) or PMD (Post Minting Damage) are correct and your also correct.

To help you in determining if a coin is an error, it is just as important to know what is not an error. Any dings, scrapes, flattened letters, scratches, gouges etc. are all considered damage. It is only an error if it happens during the actual striking of the coin. To see what an actual error is, I suggest looking through the following  site "error-ref.com" to see what real errors look like. This is just one of the sites available for recognizing errors.

21 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Either PSD (Post Strike Damage) or PMD (Post Minting Damage) are correct and your also correct.

To help you in determining if a coin is an error, it is just as important to know what is not an error. Any dings, scrapes, flattened letters, scratches, gouges etc. are all considered damage. It is only an error if it happens during the actual striking of the coin. To see what an actual error is, I suggest looking through the following  site "error-ref.com" to see what real errors look like. This is just one of the sites available for recognizing errors.

Thank you so much!

>Tracy 

Agreed with Greenstang.....you correctly attributed the coin as having PMD.  Well done!  You're starting to get the hang of this whole coin thing for sure Tracy.

~Tom