• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Struck through 2019 silver eagle with foreign object embedded
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I recently posted on the newbie forum as  I recently joined NGC. I purchased a roll of 2019 silver eagles. Fourth from the top I noticed a black object embedded in the shield. Took it in and has been authenticated as done while in production not post production. A wonderful numismatics enthusiast Mohawk provided me with an article from this website indicating the error. Much appreciated. He did indicate it was a significant error. I am not interested in the value of the coin. I am interested in what to do with it. Keep it in the roll. Have the object tested, what’s the next step if this is indeed a significant find. 

Cheers all 

B899623A-E1C6-4DD6-98AE-135663A919FC.jpeg

90D194BE-D35C-4784-812A-C2A97FFF3615.jpeg

• Administrator

Hi Defjef,

This is a neat find and is eligible for grading. It looks like the coin is recent, so it can be submitted under the Modern tier. There is an additional Mint Error fee of $15. 

Thank you for your interest in NGC. 

Thank you Ronnie.  

I am just reading how to submit coins for grading. Very new at this lots of different ways to grade and stuff associated with it. Not sure if I send the whole roll. I will call your toll free number and grab some help. Much appreciated 

Thanks again