• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NCS - not suitable for certification?

3 posts in this topic

NGC or NCS

One of my coins came back as 

NOT SUITABLE FOR CERTIFICATION - Coins that are severely damaged or otherwise impaired. The surface condition of these coins makes it impossible for NGC to render a conclusive opinion about authenticity, Details Grade or both. The grading fee is refunded less a $5 handling fee.

In the past you've sent me an email saying that you could send it to NCS I didn't receive that email this time. 

I want to know if I could send this coin to NCS and possibly have them repair it? 

At first I thought you were saying it wasn't genuine but that's not what you said. Not sure if you have a photograph of it but maybe NCS can fix the coin for grading ? 

thanks. 

Edited by gtw-123

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

NCS cannot fix a coin that is deemed Not Suitable for Certification, as conservation will not restore it to certifiable condition. That's why the NCS option was not made to you.