• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin description and item description don't match.

4 posts in this topic

NGC is it possible that you could get the "item description" to match the "coin description" in the registry. When I do Reports in the registry it gives me the item description which starts with the dollar amount first, not the date. The coin description is better for the reports because it'll give me the date first. Thanks. 

Screenshot_20190529-104711.png

Screenshot_20190529-105748.png

• Administrator
On 5/29/2019 at 11:58 AM, gtw-123 said:

NGC is it possible that you could get the "item description" to match the "coin description" in the registry. When I do Reports in the registry it gives me the item description which starts with the dollar amount first, not the date. The coin description is better for the reports because it'll give me the date first. Thanks. 

Screenshot_20190529-104711.png

Screenshot_20190529-105748.png

Hello, gtw-123.
It look like you are referring to the "Collection Manager" on the Collector Society website. You can find directions on how to sort the display view of your columns in your Collection Manager here: https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/topic/208531-modify-display-order-of-coins-in-collection-manager/

I am guessing you are also referring to the Inventory Report function which is available on the CS website. We do not have the programming capability to alter the view of that report. Here are directions on how to generate a report: https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/topic/94897-print-an-inventory-of-your-registered-coins/

You will need to save the file to your computer and use a spreadsheet program such as Excel to change the format/view of the report. Thank you and please let us know when we may assist next.  

Thanks. This is how I do my inventory Reports. but I was hoping that the "coin description" that's on the NGC label slab would match the "item description" that's in the NGC registry. Not sure what kind of database NGC uses to cross reference all of the data Fields between the NGC label and the NGC registry descriptions but these two Fields do not match.

I'll just keep doing it the way I am doing it and manually change the item description to match the coin description in the spreadsheet. 

Thanks for your response. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, gtw-123 said:

Thanks. This is how I do my inventory Reports. but I was hoping that the "coin description" that's on the NGC label slab would match the "item description" that's in the NGC registry. Not sure what kind of database NGC uses to cross reference all of the data Fields between the NGC label and the NGC registry descriptions but these two Fields do not match.

I'll just keep doing it the way I am doing it and manually change the item description to match the coin description in the spreadsheet. 

Thanks for your response. 

You are very welcome. Thank you for your valuable feedback, gtw-123.