• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memorial Day tribute

7 posts in this topic

Well, as you all know, I have very, very few US coins or medals of any type and none of that small number would be appropriate for a tribute and I am unsure if coins from another nation would be appropriate, so I have to express my remembrance of those who have served and fallen verbally.  Both of my parents are Vietnam-era Air Force veterans (my mom actually volunteered to serve in Vietnam, but she never got to actually serve there), so I strongly feel that remembering and honoring service people is very important.  In honor of my mom, who I am proud as hell of, I'd like to especially mention remembering the women who have served in the past and those who continue to do so.  Sometimes, I feel like the ladies are somewhat overlooked and I want to do my little part to address that.

Edited by Mohawk

19 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Well, as you all know, I have very, very few US coins or medals of any type and none of that small number would be appropriate for a tribute and I am unsure if coins from another nation would be appropriate, so I have to express my remembrance of those who have served and fallen verbally.  Both of my parents are Vietnam-era Air Force veterans (my mom actually volunteered to serve in Vietnam, but she never got to actually serve there), so I strongly feel that remembering and honoring service people is very important.  In honor of my mom, who I am proud as hell of, I'd like to especially mention remembering the women who have served in the past and those who continue to do so.  Sometimes, I feel like the ladies are somewhat overlooked and I want to do my little part to address that.

In honor of your mom and all the ladies who have proudly served our country we will never forget, thank you for your service.

images (24).jpeg

images (25).jpeg

Edited by bigmarty 58

6 minutes ago, bigmarty 58 said:

In honor of your mom and all the ladies who have proudly served our country!

images (24).jpeg

images (25).jpeg

Thank you so much for that, Marty!  I really appreciate it since I don't really have anything to post here and I greatly appreciate the sentiment.   

~Tom