• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to sell your coins.

6 posts in this topic

Just curious if anybody wants to tell me what they think is the best way to sell your coins?

Heritage auctions wants about 30% commission

Another Auction said they wanted 20% commission

I found another auctioneer that wanted 10% commission but they charge the buyer 12% commission

Selling on eBay they want 10% commission plus another 3% in fees.

I'm not interested in selling directly to  individuals or dealerships. 

What's your best way to sell your coins?

It depends on what you are trying to sell. Each of the above has its advantages and disadvantages. Certain coins work better with one than the others - depending on the coin. What are you trying to sell? 

I sell my NGC graded coins direct to individuals building the sets. You state that you don't want to do that but it is the best alternative as I see it. :)

I find private sales and trades to be the best and most enjoyable route in coins. (thumbsu

Edited by Six Mile Rick

great collections  charges the seller 5% and the buyer 12%. Again some coins sell better there than others. I have good luck with most of my sales there. Common coins have been better for me on eBay.  Good luck in your endeavor.