• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage NGC slab and original toned Walker!

18 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, numisport said:

Rear NGC labels are often ripped off on this generation holder. If you damage it I don't think it will matter.

That couldn't be more untrue.  The gold foil is the coolest part of the slab and, since so many were damaged, the ones that remain are scarce and in demand.

Edited by Walkerfan

Okay I give up. This disease known as slabitis is becoming far too invasive. Lucky for me I was inoculated back in the seventies and it's a lifetime vaccine. The one fattie I own is minus the gold label because somebody slapped an inventory sticker on it then tore it off. I still like the coin and would have it reholdered but sorrrrryyyy no, like most other copper slabbed back then NGC wont guarantee the color. Maybe counterfeit gold labels will turn up someday ha !

Those gold impressed slabs are actually fairly resilient.  The ones that are truly hard to find undamaged are the next three generations with the full width holograms.  Today trying to find a no line fatty that hasn't had the hologram ripped off by a dealers sticker is extremely difficult.

2 hours ago, coinsandmedals said:

Looks like a beauty! I am jealous of those photography skills! Will you consider posting a picture of your 66 for comparison? :popcorn:

Thanks for your interest.  :D

Justin only took pictures of the coin in this thread.  I do have images of the N 66 and the P 66 but they aren't as good as his.

Here you go, in any event:

The first is the NGC coin, which has some pretty nice toning and blazing luster with above average strike.

The second is the PCGS coin which is white but with an exceptional strike.  The 1945 S comes soft, so that's about as nice of a strike as you will see. 

I love to share and educate.  Anyone else have a nice 1945-S.....don't be shy, as I encourage you to show it. 

thank you for looking.

2261685_Full_Obv.jpg

2261685_Full_Rev.jpg

1945S66.jpg

1945S66r.jpg

Edited by Walkerfan

On 5/15/2019 at 12:07 AM, Conder101 said:

next three generations with the full width holograms.  Today trying to find a no line fatty that hasn't had the hologram ripped off by a dealers sticker is extremely difficult.

Could you post pictures of these with that feature still intact ?

On 5/19/2019 at 3:09 AM, Conder101 said:

Sorry they are black and white, this is NGC 4 no line fatty full width holgram and no barcode.

NGC 5 no line fatty with barcode and full width hologram

And NGC 6 the first of the with line slabs with full width hologram.

On all of these the hologram is on the outside of the holder and it is rather delicate.  If a dealer put a sticker on it is was pretty much impossible to remove it without ripping the hologram off.  Most examples of these today have destroyed holograms.

Thanks that is awesome Conder101 … Sorry for the Hijack walkerfan 

Conder101 I will pm to free up this thread with a question if you dont mind ...

On 5/13/2019 at 8:42 PM, Walkerfan said:

I bought the holder not the coin.  Well, sort of....Okay, so the last thing that I needed was another 1945 S Walker, as I already have a beautifully toned NGC 66 that is very well struck up and another white and very sharp for the issue PCGS 66. 

I bought this 65 because it is my favorite NGC holder--the fabled green-labeled, gold-foiled, no-line fatty!  The coin is a gem and has decent yellow-gold, original color, too, so it's not too shabby--just maybe a little soft but that is typical for the issue.  Oh yeah, and it has the little green CAC sticker, too, so all is well and now it must be a grand slam LOL!  

I paid double sheet for it but I'm okay with that, at this point in the game.  Thank you for looking and enjoy.  Any and all comments are welcome.

691563-1 (1).jpg

691563-2.jpg

691563-3 (1).jpg

Nice..perfect set up...great coin, great holder....