• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U.S. Type coin album made-to-order

16 posts in this topic

Hello all, like many collectors, I have a mix of certified coins (which are my MS or keys/semi-keys) and circulated coins. This post question is for my circulated items. I would like to know if anyone knows of a company that can make a coin album to-order? An album like that of the Dansco or Intershield U.S. Type albums. I cannot use the albums that they mass-produce because they do not contain enough ports for the Seated Libs, or 3-cent silver...so on and so forth. And yes, to answer a follow-on question, I already have my circulated type in a 3-ring binder, but I want them in an album. Thank you all for any advice you can provide.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

DANSCO does make customized coin albums, though usually this is done in quantity as some sort of dealer promotion. I imagine the cost of making a single album would be quite high.

3 minutes ago, D. L. Tyler said:

Nice, I believe I have seen this before on the internet. It's making its rounds. But, what I'm looking to have done is the making of an actual album for me.

Good luck finding one. I understand what you are looking for. May have to build a custom cabinet to fit the different types. Like they did a hundred years ago. Also very expensive.

Actually there is a solution.  Around 1986 the company that produces Eagle Coin Holders which are either black or white 2 x 2 holders with acetate that holds the coin in place produced special albums for their coins which were vacuum formed pages that held twenty coins per page, 5 rows with 4 coins per row.  These pages also worked great with the 2 x 2 clear Whitman snap locks which have been on the market since the early 1960ies I believe.  They were originally offered in either 2 or 4 page formats.  These vacuum formed pages while exceptional in quality and function turned out to be too expensive to produce, so the company later came out with a different solution which was just a clear acetate page which had a strap over the front of the coin to hold it in.  The vacuum page albums held the coins in tightly with no strap, holders just snapped in place tightly.  I was able to obtain two of them by approaching the manufacturer and asking for them.  I am in the process of using this for a type set just as you are looking to do.  Just google  ‘eagle coin holders’ and you should be able to locate their website which has their address and phone number.  Good luck!

I'm currently in the process of making my own "Ultimate" Dansco US Type set album. I managed to order blank album pages from them and I'll be cutting out the coin port holes myself. Stay tuned for a new thread I'll be posting.

Edited by Bullet01

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, rrantique said:

I did this collage in Photobucket several years ago virtual album.

typefavorites.jpg

Boy what a nice touch ! I need to get my act together with photos. Great job !

I've been waiting for blank dime pages for months. Dansco is very difficult to contact and several suppliers like Wizard and Collectons say there is nothing they can do. I finally reached somebody at Dansco and was told they would be available soon. A month has gone by and still no blank dime pages.