• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the Lead Picture Post-No US Coins

32 posts in this topic

World Coins of intricate design and/or historical background are a great interest of mine. A couple of years back when I started, I added these distinctive coins with appealing gilt motifs:

Aus_Rus_Bel.thumb.jpg.56b4bcbdf90a93827c004d0ef9801e12.jpg

1). Australian Dollar - 130th anniversary of the Melbourne Mint.

2). Russian 3 Ruble - 150th anniversary of the First Russian Stamp.

3). Belarus 10 Ruble -  Candlemas Celebration.

Edited by joydeep

Nice coin Tom! This one just came back in a fresh NGC MS-63 holder. I was really hoping for a star, but I will take what I can get. I will update the picture with the label when I get a spare minute. 

2.thumb.jpg.f1f678768aa301903e808a2d5b1f0d40.jpg

708276437_1806SOHOGreatBritianPennyNGCMS-63BN.thumb.jpg.6f51074d36f9835970d0c3304e77476b.jpg

Please see my previous comment about color in 1811 Bank of England 18p post.

Edited by coinsandmedals
Updated picture

That is a very impressive and beautiful coin Star City Homer! It makes me miss my Japanese copper collection. From what I remember that series can be difficult to track down with decent eye appeal. 

To add to the thread I have included a picture of my 1806 proof restrike halfpenny. This was my first purchase from Heritage not too long ago. 

322088109_1806DoubleletterProof.thumb.jpg.10fbcd15af51029272b7082ad99a179c.jpg

Very nice coins to both Don and Homer!  Now, I have to dig through my collection to find something copper to post up of a type that hasn't been shared yet (I'm something of a silver guy).  It may take me a bit, but I'm looking...maybe my Canada box will reveal something good. I'm so glad to see this post active though.  Great coins guys!

Edited by Mohawk

>You can reply with a coin of the same composition, from the same country, of the same date (or date range with ancients), or with the same person on the coin.<

That's a lot of rules (ha ha).  I can't participate until we get to France or Gold  :)

Nothing wrong with moderns.....not gold, but still France!!  Sorry for the old photos though.....judging by the background, they were taken before 2014, when I moved to where I live now.  I don't have that desk anymore.

Edited by Mohawk