• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000 sac

12 posts in this topic

I think I've said this one one of your threads before.......these cryptic threads with just pictures and no question are not helpful at all.  In fact, they are the exact opposite.  If you want help, please ask a question with the photos.

Edited by Mohawk

I'll give you $10 for the lot but I need it sent overnight since the bank closes at 1pm tomorrow and they're only worth face value.

Thanks in advance, 

Edited by CRAWTOMATIC
lowered price

Hi Kramden,

Thank you for adding what you are looking for into this thread.  Now, I can help you out.  In looking at your dollar coins, I see no Cheerios dollars or anything else that would make any of them worth any more than face value.  The cents that you posted are both Large Dates, so the fact that they're of the predominantly copper composition adds no value to them either.  The whole lot are spenders.

19 minutes ago, kramden said:

Live and learn

Exactly.  Keep at it....we all had to learn this hobby somehow.  It's always good to check your change......you don't usually find anything valuable, but sometimes it does happen.  I've had two occasions in my life where I've received 1984 DDO Lincoln Cents in change from the grocery store.  Not the most valuable variety, but I did manage to sell both of them for about $80 a piece.....not a bad profit for a penny obtained at face!

Hey Kramden,

From the pictures it does look like that.  However, it is also important to note that the edge lettering can wear down as the coin is circulated as well.  I'd actually recommend taking your Johnson dollar to a reputable dealer who can see the coin in hand, which I cannot do.  They'll be able to determine if your coin ever had edge lettering.

I hope this helps!
~Tom

Hi Tom and tnks for the advice. I like to do my own research first and from the internet, pics, history I believe it's the real deal. I just can't see all the edge lettering wearing off on just one coin. Of course I'm a rookie but a determined one..tnks

On 4/28/2019 at 1:34 AM, kramden said:

Hi Tom and tnks for the advice. I like to do my own research first and from the internet, pics, history I believe it's the real deal. I just can't see all the edge lettering wearing off on just one coin. Of course I'm a rookie but a determined one..tnks

There is enough damage to the coin where it is not hard to believe the edge lettering may be worn off.

Looks like pocket change for a long time. Good Luck with your research