• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 small date DDO

8 posts in this topic

Found a 1982 small date DDO. You have to enlarge the picture to see the doubling on the date. I have been doing research on it, I cant find another one with date doubling. Where would I go to find out if this is a known variety. Haven't invested in a cherry pickers guide yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

20190422_213229.jpg

20190422_215516.jpg

Actually, that is a large date. Here is a link to our host's Variety Plus, that shows the different varieties for 1982.

Click here

If you scroll down, you will see where I highlighted the small date picture.

Here is a link to the Variety Vista website, which lists three Doubled Die Obverses for 1982.

Click here

41 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Actually, that is a large date. Here is a link to our host's Variety Plus, that shows the different varieties for 1982.

Click here

If you scroll down, you will see where I highlighted the small date picture.

Here is a link to the Variety Vista website, which lists three Doubled Die Obverses for 1982.

Click here

Actually, are you sure that it's even a doubled die Bob?  It looks very much like machine doubling to me.  But, yes, it's definitely a Large Date.

17 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

No, I am not , but I figured I would let the OP look for himself.

Gotcha.  Sorry I ruined that......forgive me?

Just now, Just Bob said:

That made me laugh. xD

Excellent!  ;)  I endeavor to have as few foot in mouth moments as possible, but when I do have them, laughter is the preferred reaction :)