• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Can't Find a Value for This Coin

7 posts in this topic

I have an 1878 8TF Vam 2 - NGC 60 coming back to me. I cannot find a value for this coin. As was suggested in the Red Book thread, I checked CDN Grey Sheet, Ebay Sold, and Great Collections auction archives. I hope this link thing works so you know I'm not making it up:

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/4727009-001/60/

Any other resources to check, thanks.

1 hour ago, szugelder said:

The PCGS Coinfacts page is very helpful - thanks.

Ain't it though?  It also comes as an app which I use quite a bit for info while out in the field.  I don't know all the details behind how the rarity & survival estimates are calculated but I've been an analyst of some sort my whole life.  If I presume the data metrics is the same across the board for all coins then it's at least a baseline for additional stats.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:07 PM, szugelder said:

I have an 1878 8TF Vam 2 - NGC 60 coming back to me. I cannot find a value for this coin. As was suggested in the Red Book thread, I checked CDN Grey Sheet, Ebay Sold, and Great Collections auction archives. I hope this link thing works so you know I'm not making it up:

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/4727009-001/60/

Any other resources to check, thanks.

Mr Craw looks pretty close  $175ish … and Vam-2  is pretty common and does not add any premium to the coin 

What probably detracted from the coins grade but I THINK IS COOL is the reeded edge markings on the obverse from adjacent coins in the bag.

4 sets of them is pretty unique

Edited by jgrinz