• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1977 D pac man

5 posts in this topic

can someone tell me if this is 1977 D pac man? I'm very new to this so plz be nice. I can deal with costructive criticism, but carcasim is not needed or learned from, Please...Thank You.

20190418_175918.jpg

Hello and Welcome,

Well....the 1977-D Pac Man Cent isn't a real thing.  It's the result of a shyster on Etsy trying to sell a highly damaged 1977-D Lincoln Cent for $50,000.  The damage on the coin made the D mint mark look like Pac Man to someone willing to use some imagination.  For some reason, this thing has gone viral somehow and has caused a lot of misinformation out there.  So, your coin is not a Pac Man because the Pac Man is not a real thing. 

Thank you for ur warm welcome and the honest information. As I said I am very new. But I do find it fascinating. So I will surely stick around for interesting learning.

7 minutes ago, Lizama said:

Thank you for ur warm welcome and the honest information. As I said I am very new. But I do find it fascinating. So I will surely stick around for interesting learning.

No problem, I'm always glad to help.  There are a lot of interesting errors and varieties out there to look for, if that's your area of interest. Our host's Variety Plus page is a great place to get started:

https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/

Cheers!

~Tom