• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007S Jefferson Die Chip and Crack???

6 posts in this topic

I do see why you would ask that question.  I think that the grader was thinking that in the case of this coin, the die chip was a widening of the die crack, so they just went with die crack as that is the main, basic error on the coin.  If I were assigning an attribution for a coin, I'd only go with die chip if the chip was isolated.  If it was part of a crack, that's where I'd leave it.

8 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I do see why you would ask that question.  I think that the grader was thinking that in the case of this coin, the die chip was a widening of the die crack, so they just went with die crack as that is the main, basic error on the coin.  If I were assigning an attribution for a coin, I'd only go with die chip if the chip was isolated.  If it was part of a crack, that's where I'd leave it.

Agreed. Hard to tell if the crack eminates from the chip??? Looks offset.. I would think it does..