• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking information if these have any substantial value

8 posts in this topic

The English penny, not much. There are less common mint marks for that year, but that one doesn't appear to be them, and the condition isn't what it would need to be.

The large cents are normally worth $20ish in well worn condition like that, but both of those have notable damage; vandalism in one case, bad indentations in the other. Not sure anyone would value either at $20, but neither does the vandalism drop their value down to insignificance.

There was a vendor at the NMS who was selling Large Cents in a bulk bin (hundreds of them) for 15.00 each, your choice.  They generally looked better than your two, although some were also damaged like yours.  So, given they are not rare dates, I would think if the seller had your two, he would have put them in the big bin.

9 minutes ago, Mokiechan said:

There was a vendor at the NMS who was selling Large Cents in a bulk bin (hundreds of them) for 15.00 each, your choice.  They generally looked better than your two, although some were also damaged like yours.  So, given they are not rare dates, I would think if the seller had your two, he would have put them in the big bin.

That guy was also at the Portland show last year. In fact I think it's the ANA official they call The Colonel. When he's in town, he comes to our club meetings.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Yes, it's Col. Steve Ellsworth, current candidate for the ANA Presidency.