• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nickel help

6 posts in this topic

These posts with just a picture and no question are very difficult to interpret and they are very unhelpful.....if you want better help in the future, please ask a question with the photo.  What I can tell right now is that you have a Jefferson Nickel with heavy environmental damage, likely a metal detector find that someone spent.  It's worth face value.

2 hours ago, Mohawk said:

These posts with just a picture and no question are very difficult to interpret and they are very unhelpful.....if you want better help in the future, please ask a question with the photo.  What I can tell right now is that you have a Jefferson Nickel with heavy environmental damage, likely a metal detector find that someone spent.  It's worth face value.

Sorry.  To me it look's like a struck over reverse of a nickel  by the mouth & nose.

1 hour ago, Jaynh said:

Sorry.  To me it look's like a struck over reverse of a nickel  by the mouth & nose.

Gotcha.  Thanks for letting us know what we should be looking at here.  Well, I have to say I'm not seeing that on the coin.....just a regular old dirty Jefferson Nickel.

30 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Gotcha.  Thanks for letting us know what we should be looking at here.  Well, I have to say I'm not seeing that on the coin.....just a regular old dirty Jefferson Nickel.

Ok thank you.